Pacific Edge Limited
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 20 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Pacific_Edge_Limited. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Pacific_Edge_Limited, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Pacific_Edge_Limited.
Template:News release Advertising?
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (December 2015)
Pacific Edge Limited is a cancer diagnostics New Zealand company that offers a midkine (urine) based suite of bladder cancer diagnostic tools. The company has offices in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and its head office in Dunedin, New Zealand. Pacific Edge is listed on the New Zealand NZX main board stock exchange under ticker code PEB.
Established in August 2001, Pacific Edge uses uses genetic biomarkers in urine to detect the presence of cancer. They market themselves as being a third less expensive than other diagnostic tools. 
They provide a diagnostic service through their facilities in New Zealand and the United States as well as selected partners in Europe and Australia.
Pacific Edge's suite of tests for bladder cancer are called CxBladder, with specialist sub-type products to detect cancerous cells and provide triage for clinicians and oncologists. Their tests samples are non-invasive urine test based on RNA and protein assays, with high sensitivity and earlier detection than other forms of bladder cancer diagnostics like cytology.
Pacific Edge has won a number of awards, including
- "Pacific Edge Limited". https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "NZX Main Board - PEB Analysis". NZX. https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/PEB/analysis. Retrieved 31 December 2015. "Pacific Edge Limited (PEB) was formed in August 2001 following acquisition of intellectual property from the University of Otago."
- "Pacific Edge shares soar to new high" (in en-NZ). New Zealand Herald. 2013-10-22. ISSN 1170-0777. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11144239.
- "Pacific Edge seeks $35.3M to fund US growth". The New Zealand Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11460387. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Suite of cancer products grows". Otago Daily Times. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/368229/suite-cancer-products-grows. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- Alan Wood (27 May 2015). "Pacific Edge's FY loss widens to $10.58m, plans to raise $35.3m". Stuff.co.nz. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/68921200/pacific-edges-fy-loss-widens-to-1058m-plans-to-raise-353m. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- Janis C. Kelly (26 October 2015). "Urinary Biomarkers Not Useful for Bladder Cancer Diagnosis". Medscape. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/853218. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- MARTA STEEMAN (9 June 2015). "Singapore hospital to trial Pacific Edge's main bladder cancer detection product". Stuff.co.nz. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/69243267/singapore-hospital-to-trial-pacific-edges-main-bladder-cancer-detection-product. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Warning over bladder cancer test". Stuff.co.nz. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/10255639/Warning-over-bladder-cancer-test. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Pacific Edge sales up; still no profit". Otago Daily Times. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/364853/pacific-edge-sales-still-no-profit. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Pacific Edge gets US approval for Dunedin laboratory". The New Zealand Herald. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11495605. Retrieved 31 December 2015.