Peaceable Kingdom (film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 28 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Peaceable_Kingdom_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Peaceable_Kingdom_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Peaceable_Kingdom_(film).
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2015)
Primary sources Template:Infobox Film
A newer version of the film premiered in 2009 called Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home which featured different people. On the Tribe of Heart website for the 2009 film, there is no apparent mention of the 2004 movie.
The 2004 film tells the story of how the farmers create an animal sanctuary farm called "Farm Sanctuary" where they rescue injured animals, half dead, abandoned, and rejected by the farm industry for not being productive. A few examples are a cow with mastitis or newborn chicks unfit for production.
It has won awards such as the Festival Theme Award in 2004 of the Ojai Film Festival, with music by Moby. Images of exploitations are shown during the film. According to the primatologist Jane Goodall, "Peaceable Kingdom is a piece of art"
The documentary's producers, James LaVeck and Jenny Stein, have created a website called HumaneMyth.org that explores whether animals can be used humanely for food - advocating that it is generally not possible to do so.
- Peaceable Kingdom - Overview AllMovie
- About Peaceable Kingdom About - Tribe of Heart
- "Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home, a New Documentary from Tribe of Heart, the Award-winning filmmakers of The Witness". Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home. Tribe of Heart. http://www.peaceablekingdomfilm.org/. Retrieved 31 July 2012. .
- Peaceable kingdom (videorecording) / Tribe of Heart ; directed and edited by Jenny Stein ; produced by James LaVeck. Palo Alto City Library
- Peaceable Kingdom (2004) - Awards - IMDb
- Charla y proyección en la librería Traficantes de Sueños - Madrid - Igualdad Animal
- "Humane Myth: Encouraging Truth, Transparency and Integrity in Animal Advocacy". Tribe of Heart. http://www.humanemyth.org/index.htm. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Film Threat - Peaceable Kingdom". Film Threat. 17 July 2005. http://www.filmthreat.com/reviews/7698/. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Animal Rights Film". StartanAnimalSanctuary.com. http://startananimalsanctuary.com/tag/animal-rights-film/. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Peaceable Kingdom - All Creatures Book and Video Review Guide". all-creatures.org. The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation. http://www.all-creatures.org/book/r-peaceable.html. Retrieved 31 December 2012.