- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 22 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:ProjectLocker. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/ProjectLocker, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/ProjectLocker.
ProjectLocker is a code hosting website built using Ruby and PostGreSQL. It provides cloud deployment services and tools to Software developers to make the build and release process easier. It offers features such as remote deployment on staging and production servers and allows enabling real-time exception notifications in applications. It provides continuous integration support and offers various services such as Subversion, Git an Trac hosting. It also provides integration with popular tools such as Slack, FogBugz, Jabber, Basecamp and Twitter.
- 1 History
- 2 Company
- 3 Features
- 4 Integration
- 5 Partnerships and Collaborations
- 6 Alternatives
- 7 Issues
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
- January 2012: Upgraded to Subversion 1.7 for performance improvement.
- February 2012: Upgraded to Rails 3.1 and Git 184.108.40.206 for performance and stability.
- August 2012: Announced release of new ProjectLocker user portal, with improved UI, activity screen and file subscriptions.
- January 2013: Released Git over HTTPS for ProjectLocker to ease configuration.
- February 2013: ProjectLocker integrates with PivotalTracker for Agile project management and with HipChat for messaging across multiple media.
- May 2013: Released a new Exception Reporting System called ProjectLocker Pulse for Ruby/Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java and Android applications.
- June 2013: ProjectLocker upgraded to Ruby 1.9 and Passenger 4.0.5 to prepare for some new feature releases. and Announced release of ProjectLocker Pulse for iOS and .NET.
- August, 2013: Upgraded to Subversion 1.8, switched from using MySQL to PostgreSQL. and introduced the ProjectLocker code browser to replace the Trac's code browser.
- February 2014: Converted the FAQ section to a full knowledge base, powered by Groove. and announced a Free Trial service to users for thirty days.
- April 2014: ProjectLocker applied patches for the OpenSSL HeartBleed vulnerability.
- June 2014: Released an add-on for Toggl and integrated with Freckle for time tracking. They also announced beta release of a new Customer API for customers who were on the IPO Plan or higher.
- July 2014: Integrated with Harverst for time tracking.
- August 2014: ProjectLocker announces integration with Slack.
- October 2014: Released security update patch for ShellShock. and Launched TSheets add-on to help with time tracking.
ProjectLocker LLC was founded in 2003 and Corregan Brown is the co-founder of the company. Their current Office headquarter is located at Atlanta, Georgia. Their mission statement is "ProjectLocker will allow developers to achieve an order of magnitude (10x) increase in productivity." As of 2014, there were around 11 to 50 employees working at ProjectLocker. The estimated revenue of the company is less than $1M.
Private Subversion Hosting
Safe, Secure and Accessible code hosting
It offers physical, system-level and connection security by housing 24/7 online security, video surveillance, by periodically testing using vulnerability testing tools.
It allows accessing the code from anywhere in the world in a secure manner. The production servers are high performing residing on the Gigabit Ethernet network. It is integrated to popular communication platforms like Jabber, Twitter, HipChat, Slack.
ProjectLocker, with an ability to receive tickets via email is among the largest managed Trac host in the world. Trac is an issue management system to create and manage tickets. It helps to organize projects.
T-Sheets Add on
Toggl Add on
Freckle Add on
The Freckle add on to the ProjectLocker also helps people in tracking their time along with commit comments so that it ensures all the time that is spent on the work is logged correctly and billed.
Partnerships and Collaborations
- ProjectLocker partnered with The Founder Institute in 2009 for providing its services to the startup members of their Incubation program.
- ProjectLocker collaborated with Groove in February 2014 for small business stack promotion.
Some of the major features offered by ProjectLocker are also offered by other software services like Beanstalk , CloudForge, Google Cloud Platform, Assembla, Bitbucket, etc. All these differ by their pricing plans, providing extra features like protection mechanisms, issue tracking and integration to other software.
- "ProjectLocker Blog". http://seechelt8.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=5587368&item=41.
- "ProjectLocker | crunchbase". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/projectlocker#/entity.
- "ProjectLocker: Integrations". http://projectlocker.com/integrations/.
- ProjectLocker. "Subversion 1.7 upgrade complete" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/subversion-17-upgrade-complete.
- ProjectLocker. "Portal Upgrade Complete + Git Upgrade" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/portal-upgrade-complete-git-upgrade.
- ProjectLocker. "It's Alive! ProjectLocker's New User Portal Is Here" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/its-alive-projectlockers-new-user-portal-is-here.
- ProjectLocker. "Git over HTTPS at ProjectLocker - now in Beta!" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/git-over-https-at-projectlocker-now-in-beta.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker integrates to PivotalTracker" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-integrates-to-pivotaltracker.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker Integrates to HipChat" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-integrates-to-hipchat.
- ProjectLocker. "Exception Reporting for Your Project: Announcing ProjectLocker Pulse" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/exception-reporting-for-your-project-announcing-projectlocker-pulse.
- ProjectLocker. "Ruby 1.9 and Passenger 4.0.5 Upgrade" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/ruby-19-and-passenger-405-upgrade.
- ProjectLocker. "Pulse for iOS and .NET" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/pulse-for-ios-and-net.
- ProjectLocker. "Introducing the ProjectLocker Code Browser" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/introducing-the-projectlocker-code-browser.
- ProjectLocker. "New ProjectLocker Knowledge Base" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/new-projectlocker-knowledge-base.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker Goes Completely Free. . . For 30 Days" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-goes-completely-free-for-30-days.
- ProjectLocker. "OpenSSL Heartbleed - What We're Doing About It" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/heartbleed-what-were-doing-about-it.
- ProjectLocker. "Toggl Time Tracking Add-On" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/toggl-add-on.
- ProjectLocker. "Time Tracking With Freckle" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/time-tracking-with-freckle.
- ProjectLocker. "Announcing the ProjectLocker Customer API - Now In Beta" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/announcing-the-projectlocker-customer-api-now-in-beta.
- ProjectLocker. "Harvest Time Tracking Integration" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/harvest-time-tracking-integration.
- ProjectLocker. "Slack Integration" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/slack-integration.
- ProjectLocker. "Shellshock Security Update" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/shellshock-security-update.
- ProjectLocker. "TSheets Add-On for Time Tracking" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/tsheets-add-on.
- "Projectlocker Company Profile | Owler". https://www.owler.com/iaApp/136080/projectlocker-company-profile?onBoardingComplete=true.
- ProjectLocker. "What's Next at ProjectLocker" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/whats-next-at-projectlocker.
- ProjectLocker. "Subversion Hosting" (in en). http://projectlocker.com/subversion/subversion_hosting/.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker Is Safe" (in en). http://go.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-is-safe.
- ProjectLocker. "Secure hosting" (in en). http://go.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-is-secure?hsCtaTracking=b28978ab-bb2f-4888-b1c2-f865d055a3d4%7C451c898b-b6c4-4147-b15e-a292a417c1b6&__hstc=117733142.d36ecaf1ea03c2537a62650df40cf148.1485718089547.1486772011171.1486776308518.6&__hssc=117733142.88898889.1486776308518&__hsfp=1163433359.
- ProjectLocker. "Accessible hosting" (in en). http://go.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-is-accessible?hsCtaTracking=f8878fbf-5fcb-425b-9e46-385ee9a1917f%7C50038a3e-9712-4a0e-9e38-c40308acc697&__hstc=117733142.d36ecaf1ea03c2537a62650df40cf148.1485718089547.1486772011171.1486776308518.6&__hssc=117733142.8889889088898890.1486776308518&__hsfp=1163433359.
- ProjectLocker. "Git Hosting" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/yes-virginia-we-do-host-git.
- ProjectLocker. "Trac tickets via Email" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/create-trac-tickets-via-email.
- ProjectLocker. "TSheets Add on" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/tsheets-add-on.
- ProjectLocker. "Toggl Add on" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/toggl-add-on.
- ProjectLocker. "Freckle Add on" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/time-tracking-with-freckle.
- ProjectLocker. "Founder Institute Partnership" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/founder-institute-partnership.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker joins the Groove Small Business Stack" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/projectlocker-joins-the-groove-small-business-stack.
- ProjectLocker. "ProjectLocker alternatives" (in en). http://www.analyzo.com/alternatives/163/653.
- ProjectLocker. "Availability" (in en). https://www.cloudswave.com/it-management/s/project-locker/.
- ProjectLocker. "Hardware Issues" (in en). http://blog.projectlocker.com/server-issue-2projectlockercom-svnprojectlockercom.