Punjab Institute of Computer Science
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Punjab_Institute_of_Computer_Science. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Punjab_Institute_of_Computer_Science, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Punjab_Institute_of_Computer_Science.
After establishing the Punjab Law College and a chain of Punjab Commerce Colleges, Mian Amir Mahmood, owner of the Punjab Group of Colleges, ventured into computer sciences and established the Punjab Institute of Computer Sciences (PICS). The first campus of PICS was on Main Boulevard, Gulberg.
In 1997 Mian Amir sold PICS to a Prime Bank (now defunct) and the college and its facilities merged with the Punjab College of Business Administration (PCBA).
- 1985 - the Islamic Commerce Educational Society establishes the Punjab College of Commerce
- 1991 - the Punjab College of Business Administration (PCBA) is established
- 1993 - the Punjab Institute of Computer Science (PICS) is established
- 1997 - merged with the Punjab College of Business Administration (PCBA)