Richard Alexander (lawyer)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 6 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Richard_Alexander_(lawyer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Richard_Alexander_(lawyer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Richard_Alexander_(lawyer).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
oooh, orphan Template:COI
Richard Alexander is an American personal injury lawyer and wrongful death and consumer protection advocate. Alexander is the founder and Managing Partner of Alexander Law Group, LLP, a San Jose, California based law firm specializing in car accidents, spinal cord injuries, product liability, negligence, adverse drug reactions and wrongful death cases.
Ohio Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts, 1966|
University of Chicago Law School, Juris Doctor, 1969
|Employer||Alexander Law Group, LLP|
In 2006, Alexander represented a plaintiff in a case against IBM for the severe electrical burn injuries suffered by an apprentice electrician working for Fluor Corporation, securing a $15.5 million recovery.Template:Dead link  Alexander was also able to secure a $3 million recovery for the death of a college student caused by the delamination of the tires on her SUV that caused her vehicle to rollover. Alexander's practice has represented many people in wrongful death, car accidents, insurance bad faith, and other cases against large companies and organizations such as IBM, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, BMW, Nissan, Honda, Pacific Gas & Electric, General Electric, Amtrak, Southern Pacific Railroad, DuPont, Shell Oil, Amoco, Chevron, Dow Chemical, Sears, Nationwide Insurance, Allstate Insurance, Fluor Corporation, and the California Department of Transportation.
Alexander has served on the Board of Governors of the State Bar of California, as president of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, and is a founding member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates. Alexander is a graduate of the University of Chicago Law School and Ohio Wesleyan University.
Alexander has published over 200 articles on legal issues for consumers through The Consumer Law Page, a legal resource website published by Alexander Law Group, LLP. Additionally, Alexander maintains a blog through Alexander Law Group, LLP.
Alexander serves on the board of Center for Media Change, Inc., a non-profit organization that operates ReelChanges to provide audience-funded documentaries. Alexander also has the largest collection of American Revolution artifacts on the West Coast of the United States.
Awards and Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys 
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association 
- Vice President, California Trial Lawyers Association (1995–1996) 
- Board of Governors, California Trial Lawyers Association (1990–1994, 1997–1999) 
- Vice President, State Bar of California (1987–1988) 
- Board of Governors, State Bar of California (1985–1988) 
- President, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1984) 
- Trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1979–1981) 
- Founding Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates 
- Founding Member, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice 
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association (2008)
- Best Injury Lawyer, San Jose Magazine 
- Avvo Top Rated Lawyer 
- Street Fighter of the Year Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California (2008) 
- Martindale-Hubbell Attorney Profile
- Avvo Attorney Profile
- ABC News
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Lawyers
- Superior Court Filing
- Marilyn Dubil (20 May 2008). "Survivor". Morgan Hill Times. Archived from the original on 12 Jul 2009. http://www.webcitation.org/5iDorjIMJ. Retrieved 12 July 2009.
- Government Hiding Dangerous Car Problems, ABC News
- Verdicts and Settlements
- State Bar of California
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Center for Media Change biography
- Mr 1776, Palo Alto Weekly
- 1776 Collector, NBC News
- This Guy's Crazy About 1776, ABC News
- Revolutionary War in the News
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- California Trial Lawyers Association
- Attorney Profile
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Business Wire
- San Jose Mercury News
- Best Lawyers, San Jose Magazine