- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 9 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rizwan_Koita. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rizwan_Koita, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rizwan_Koita.
12 December 1969 (age 47)|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge (MIT),Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|Occupation||Co-founder and CEO of CitiusTech|
Rizwan Koita (born 12 December 1969) is the co founder and CEO of CitiusTech, a healthcare technology solutions and services provider, with a presence in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He founded CitiusTech in 2005 along with his colleague Jagdish Moorjani. CitiusTech has won several awards in healthcare technology including American Business Award (Stevie Award), Red Herring in 2011 and has been consistently recognized among Best Companies to Work for in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 by the Great Place to Work® Institute India.
Rizwan began his professional career in 1995 as a Management Consultant with McKinsey & Company. In 1999, Rizwan co-founded TransWorks (now Minacs), which was acquired by the Aditya Birla Group in 2003, marking its foray into the BPO market.
In 2005, Rizwan co-founded CitiusTech. CitiusTech provides healthcare technology solutions and services related to hospitals/IDNs, Payers/Health Plans, Life Science Companies. In 2014, General Atlantic invested over $100 million in CitiusTech.
CitusTech has set up a healthcare innovation fund(HIF) in association with the Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE) at IIT Bombay, seeding investments in healthcare-focused startups
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2013
- The Indo-American Society's 'Young Achievers Award in Business', 2002
- IIT Bombay Institute Medal, 1992
- "Rizwan Koita". Businessweek, October 28, 2014. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=2959597&privcapId=107708055.
- "Three IITians who founded CitiusTech". Economic Times, May 1, 2014. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-05-01/news/49551879_1_general-atlantic-citiustech-koita.
- "American Business Awards 2015". http://stevieawards.com/aba/citiustech-inc-princeton-nj.
- "Red Herring North America Winners". http://www.redherring.com/events/rhna/2011-red-herring-top-100-north-america/.
- "50 best Tech firms to work in India". https://www.peoplematters.in/news/technology/adobe-google-microsoft-among-top-50-best-tech-firms-to-work-in-india-14100.
- "The McKinsey Network". http://www.livemint.com/r/LiveMint/Period1/oldpdf/807a3a01-d24f-4d39-8c91-b43c842bf0bd.pdf.
- "Aditya Birla Group acquires TransWorks for $13 mn". Jun 21, 2003. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/tech/ites/Indian-Rayon-acquires-TransWorks-for-13-mn/articleshow/33549.cms.
- "AV Birla buys TransWorks for $13m". Silicon India News. 23 June 2003. http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/AV_Birla_buys_TransWorks_brfor_13_M-nid-19878-cid-2.html.
- "CitiusTech website". http://www.citiustech.com/.
- "General Atlantic Partners picks up strategic stake in CitiusTech". Mar 21, 2014. http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-03-21/news/48438316_1_healthcare-technology-rizwan-koita-healthcare-reforms.
- "General Atlantic invests in healthcare tech firm CitiusTech". March 20, 2014. http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/general-atlantic-invests-in-healthcare-tech-firm-citiustech-114032001147_1.html.
- "CitiusTech sets up Healthcare innovation Fund with SINE". http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/citiustech-sets-up-healthcare-innovation-fund-with-sine/articleshow/55724846.cms.
- "CitiusTech, IIT Bombay establish Healthcare innovation fund". http://www.indialivetoday.com/citiustech-iit-bombay-establish-healthcare-innovation-fund/68728.html.
- "Rizwan Koita: Entrepreneur Of The Year – Start-Up India 2013". Ernst & Young, February 21, 2014. http://www.ey.com/in/en/about-us/entrepreneurship/entrepreneur-of-the-year/ey-eoy-2013-india-winners-entrepreneur-of-the-year-start-up.
- Rizwan Koita Profiles
- About CitiusTech
- Article by Rizwan Koita: 3 Trade-Offs That Smart People Make Before Becoming Entrepreneurs. Huffington Post, July 10, 2017
- Rizwan Koita on CitiusTech developing intelligent “push” technology platform for the KeyHIE® network. BusinessWire, September 8, 2016
- Rizwan Koita on 25 years of Liberalization Reforms in India. Economic Times, July 29, 2016
- Article by Rizwan Koita: How to Transform Healthcare in India. Livemint, May 20, 2016
- CitiusTech looks at acquisitions, global expansion, Economic Times, January 7, 2016
- HIStalk Interviews Rizwan Koita, HIStalk January 30, 2015
- CitiusTech On Forbes Hidden Gems List. Forbes India, July 22, 2014
- Video: Rizwan Koita – EY Entrepreneur of the Year India, Start-up
- Article by Rizwan Koita: Aging Populations Mean Big Opportunities in Health Care IT CNBC, November 1, 2012
- Article by Rizwan Koita: Will Facebook Revolutionize Healthcare?. CNBC, May 18, 2012