- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 20 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rob_Edmond. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rob_Edmond, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rob_Edmond.
|File:Rob Edmond - The Biggest Loser UK.jpg|
4 October 1974|
|Children||daughter Natalia, born 2009|
Rob Edmond (born 4 October 1974, in Chester, England) is a British Media Personality, Personal Trainer and a former member of the SAS. He is best known in the United Kingdom as a Trainer on Series 5 of the UK version of the TV programme The Biggest Loser, which was broadcast in 2012 and was hosted by Davina McCall.
Edmond is the son of Simon and Gillian (née Howarth) Edmond, and spent his early life in rural Cheshire in a farming community. He attended Helsby High School, Helsby, Cheshire and Wirral Metropolitan College, Birkenhead, Wirral.
After leaving the military for sometime Edmond re-joined the Territorial Army and after passing selection served as a reservist with the SAS in 23 SAS Regiment for several years. One of four chosen to represent his Squadron Ultra Marathon Team, Edmond was also a weapons instructor and range NCO. He left in 2011 to pursue his training career.
In 2012 Edmond become a presenter and trainer on Season 5 of The Biggest Loser UK. Edmond mentored the black team, and under his training, series runner-up Jessie Sharpe lost 40.3 percent of her bodyweight, setting the record for the highest percentage weightloss in the history of the UK version of the show. Whilst on the programme, Edmond also trained the show's presenter Davina McCall.
Also in 2012, Edmond appeared on BBC1's Sport Relief First Nation Home Challenge, sponsored by DHL. Edmond was a member of the victorious England team, which included the former English rugby union footballer Josh Lewsey, the former racing cyclist Chris Boardman, and the retired British sailor Ellen MacArthur.
Edmond is the founder and Managing Director of Extreme Physical Training, UK.
Edmond is currently the Fitness Director at The Boot Camp, Marbella.
Edmond married his wife Sandra in 2007. They have one daughter, Natalia, born in 2009.
- "About Rob Edmond". www.realradionorthest. http://www.realradionorthwest.co.uk/shows/the-feel-good-breakfast/lornas-marathon-journey/about-rob-edmond/dbd40. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Personal Trainers Charlotte Ord and Rob Edmond join Biggest Loser". 8 December 2011. http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/reality-tv/personal-trainers-charlotte-ord-and-rob-edmond-join-biggest-loser-premieres-january-2012/. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Introducing Your New Trainers". http://biggestloserclub.co.uk/community/new-trainers-2012.html. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Jessie is Winning Runner Up". http://biggestloserclub.co.uk/community/jessie-testimonial-2012.html. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "The Iron Lady: Davina McCall shows off her impressive abs of steel". The Daily Mail. 31 January 2012. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2093919/Davina-McCall-shows-abs-steel.html. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "First Nation Home Launch". BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sportrelief/news/2012/first-nation-home-launch.shtml. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Chris Mavromatis (18 June 2013). "Interview with World Champion Strongman Mark Felix – Training and Nutrition". http://www.mavrocatstrength.com/2013/06/18/my-2nd-interview-with-world-champion-strongman-mark-felix-training-and-nutrition/. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Mark Felix 511.5kg (1128 lbs) Hummer Tire Deadlift World Record". 3 March 2013. http://www.allthingsgym.com/mark-felix-511-5kg-1128-lbs-hummer-tire-deadlift/. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "The Team at Bootcamp Marbella". http://www.bootcamp-marbella.com/the-team/. Retrieved 16 December 2013.