Rob Young (writer)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 14 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rob_Young_(writer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rob_Young_(writer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rob_Young_(writer).
Template:BLP refimprove Template:Use British English Rob Young is a British music author, journalist and editor-at-large of The Wire, a UK-based experimental music magazine. He is based in Stoke Newington, north London.
Life and career
He was editor of The Wire between 2000 and 2004 and continues as a co-owner, contributor and editorial member.
- Undercurrents: The Hidden Wiring of Modern Music. Continuum, 2002. ISBN 0-8264-6450-5. Editor.
- Warp - Labels Unlimited. Black Dog Publishing, 2005. ISBN 1-904772-32-3. Illustrated record company biography about Warp Records.
- Rough Trade - Labels Unlimited. Black Dog Publishing, 2006: ISBN 1-904772-47-1. Illustrated record company biography about Rough Trade Records.
- The Wire Primers: A Guide to Modern Music. Verso, 2009. Editor.
- Electric Eden: Unearthing Britain's Visionary Music. Faber and Faber, 2010. ISBN 978-0-86547-856-5. A history of folk music and the British imagination.
- No Regrets: Writings on Scott Walker. Orion, 2012. ISBN 978-1409102731. Editor.