Roger Gold (music executive)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 21 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Roger_Gold_(music_executive). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Roger_Gold_(music_executive), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Roger_Gold_(music_executive).
Gold's career started at Warner Music Group in 1996 until 2005, working as a senior transactional attorney and later as the senior vice president of the office of the chairman and CEO and COO for worldwide recorded music. In this capacity, Gold had oversight over global digital and physical distribution, global licensing, select record labels including Warner Music Canada and the Independent Label Group, Global Business Affairs, and 360 strategy. During his time at Warner, Gold also established the Independent Label Group (ILG) to partner with independent labels such as Fueled By Ramen. He is also credited for creating a video advertising platform with MTV Networks.
In 2012, Roger Gold, Lyor Cohen, Kevin Liles, and Todd Moscowitz cofounded 300 Entertainment, where he is currently employed. In 2013, Gold was hired by global digital rights agency Merlin Network to assist in strategic commercial and licensing activities in the United States for independent labels. During this time, Gold also led Merlin to a historic licensing deal with YouTube. Gold is also the artist manager for Camila Cabello.
- Christman, Ed. "Lyor Cohen Realigns WMG Senior Management, Warner Music Europe CEO John Reid Departs". http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1161391/lyor-cohen-realigns-wmg-senior-management-warner-music-europe-ceo-john. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Roger Gold". http://dmw-music.com/east13/east13/speakers/roger-gold/. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Staff. "300 Entertainment - 20 Biggest Breakouts of 2015". https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-biggest-breakouts-of-2015-20151228/300-entertainment-20151222. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Peoples, Glenn. "Merlin Hires Roger Gold as US Commercial and Strategic Advisor". http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/global/5748121/merlin-hires-roger-gold-as-us-commercial-and-strategic-advisor. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Halperin, Shirley. "Inside Camila Cabello's Fifth Harmony Exit: Where Did It All Go Wrong?". http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7632422/camila-cabello-fifth-harmony-exit-inside. Retrieved 3 January 2017.