- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 13 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Safdar_Zaidi. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Safdar_Zaidi, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Safdar_Zaidi.
25 June 1968|
Safdar Zaidi (Template:Lang-ur) (born 25 June 1968) is a Pakistani author. He has written an Urdu novel called Chini Jo Methi Na Thi, which is translated into Dutch De suiker die niet zoet was, (The sugar that was not sweet).
Zaidi was born on 25 June 1968 in Karachi, Pakistan to a Syed family. His family migrated to Pakistan after the partition of British India. He received his primary education in Karachi. Later he completed his B.A. degree from the University of Karachi. He moved to the Netherlands and lives there since 1999. He obtained a degree in life science from InHolland University.
Zaidi published a novel in Dutch De suiker die niet zoet was (The sugar that was not sweet). The book is based on romance and the first sailboat carrying Hindustani contract laborers from India to Suriname. Zaidi describes how during the boat trip people of all faiths and castes lived together and how this situation broke the taboo of dealing with people of different castes and beliefs. Eventually, Indian contract laborers and their descendants created a new type of society in Suriname.
- De suiker die niet zoet was (Dutch version) , 2013– ISBN 978-90-8759-356-8
- چینی جو میٹھی نہ تھی (Sugar That Was Not Sweet) Misaal publishers, Faisalabad, Pakistan, 2016– ISBN 9789695811368 
- "ہالینڈ کے علاوہ صفدر زیدی کا ناول سرینام میں بھی شائع ہو چکا ہے۔". Daily Dharti.com. 4 December 2014. http://www.roznamadharti.com/holand_news/?view=004534.gif. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- De Suiker Die Niet Zoet Was. Uitgeverij U2pi-ISBN 978-90-8759-356-8. 2013. p. Back cover.
- "Zaidi debuteert met roman Hindostaanse immigratie". Star Nieuws.com. 12 May 2013. http://www.starnieuws.com/index.php/welcome/index/nieuwsitem/17023. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "It is very important for the Dutch-Hindustani people to recognize their roots: Author Safdar Zaidi". Indian Express.com. 20 January 2015. http://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/books/it-is-very-important-for-the-dutch-hindustani-people-to-recognize-their-roots-author-safdar-zaidi/. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Rappa presenteert Surinaamse editie boek Safdar Zaidi". Star Nieuws.com. 29 November 2014. http://www.starnieuws.com/index.php/welcome/index/nieuwsitem/26313. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "De suiker die niet zoet was". Rappa Sbieb.com. http://www.rappasbieb.com/. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "De suiker die niet zoet was". Bol.com. http://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-suiker-die-niet-zoet-was/9200000012835889/. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Starnieuws - Geschiedenis immigratie in Pakistan uitgebracht". http://m.starnieuws.com/index.php/welcome/index/nieuwsitem/35707. Retrieved 13 July 2017.