Scott Stanford (investor)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 23 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Scott_Stanford_(investor). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Scott_Stanford_(investor).
Scott Stanford is the cofounder & Managing Partner at Sherpa Capital, a venture capital firm that partners with the most promising emerging technology-enabled companies. He is also cofounder of SherpaFoundry, which provides trusted advice and guidance to select corporations and entrepreneurs to galvanize ideas and elevate assets.
Early Life and Education
From 2004 to 2013, he headed Goldman Sachs' Global Internet Investment Banking business as a Managing Director. While there, he helped lead the Series B round to invest in Uber (along with Shervin Pishevar of Menlo Ventures).
He left Goldman Sachs in 2013 to cofound (with Shervin Pishevar) a venture capital firm SherpaVentures (later becoming Sherpa Capital) and associated startup foundry SherpaFoundry. SherpaFoundry intends to funds and assets from a number of strategic corporations, and help from some well-known entrepreneurs, to create new companies. SherpaVentures is the corresponding fund that invests in those new companies that have been created. Many of these investments in companies that are part of the on-demand economy, including startups like Munchery, Shyp, Washio, and Pro.com.
In June/July 2014, SherpaVentures completed raising its first round of $150 million in financing from limited partners.
In December 2014, Stanford and Pishevar announced that they were seeking $250 million for a new fund called SherpaEverest that would make investments in later stage companies.
- "Scott Stanford - Co-Founder & Managing Partner @ Sherpa Capital". https://www.crunchbase.com/person/scott-stanford#/entity. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "Scott Stanford". https://www.linkedin.com/in/scstanford. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- "Early Uber Investors Shervin Pishevar And Scott Stanford Raising $250M For SherpaEverest Fund". http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/05/early-uber-investors-shervin-pishevar-and-scott-stanford-raising-250m-sherpaeverest-fund/. Retrieved February 27, 2016.
- Malik, Om (February 10, 2013). "Shervin Pishevar of Menlo VC to start Sherpa, a startup foundry". GigaOm. https://gigaom.com/2013/02/10/shervin-pishevar-is-leaving-menlo-vc-to-start-sherpa-a-startup-foundry/. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- Swisher, Kara (February 10, 2013). "Menlo Ventures’ Pishevar and Goldman’s Stanford to Found Sherpa, a Startup Aimed at Making New Startups". AllThingsD. http://allthingsd.com/20130210/menlo-ventures-pishevar-and-goldmans-stanford-to-found-sherpa-a-startup-aimed-at-making-new-startups/?utm_source=Twimbow&utm_medium=twitter. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "Menlo's Shervin Pishevar And Goldman's Scott Stanford Leave Their Day Jobs To Do Something Really Vague, By Design". http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/10/sherpa/. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- Lawler, Ryan (July 16, 2014). "Shervin Pishevar And Scott Stanford’s SherpaVentures Closes $150 Million For Its First Fund". TechCrunch. http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/16/sherpaventures-150m/. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- Lawler, Ryan (December 5, 2014). "Early Uber Investors Shervin Pishevar And Scott Stanford Raising $250M For SherpaEverest Fund". TechCrunch. http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/05/early-uber-investors-shervin-pishevar-and-scott-stanford-raising-250m-sherpaeverest-fund/. Retrieved July 18, 2015.