Sean Kennedy (musician)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 22 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sean_Kennedy_(musician). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sean_Kennedy_(musician), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sean_Kennedy_(musician).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (April 2019)Template:Fansite
Original short description: "American singer-songwriter"
Kennedy in his debut album photoshoot
Sean Paul Kennedy Jr.|
September 5, 2003
New York, U.S.
|Residence||New York, U.S.|
|Family||Sean Kennedy Sr. (father) · Gina Kennedy (mother) · Luke Kennedy (brother) · Bret Kennedy (brother) · Cole Kennedy (brother)|
Sean Paul Kennedy Jr. (born September 5, 2003) is an American singer-songwriter. Born and raised in New York, Kennedy found an interest in music at a young age. Staring in his school plays, he discovered a love for being on stage and performing. Kennedy started writing songs in 2013, when he was in third grade. He found his way to the world of recording, working with engineer Shaul Dover for his song "Nona", and released his debut single, "Anyone", on September 13, 2018. After the release of "Anyone", Kennedy began to plan the release of his debut album. Tell Me was released on March 8, 2019.
Life and Career
2003–2016: Early life
Sean Kennedy was born on September 5, 2003, in New York. Kennedy's father, Sean Kennedy Sr., was a teacher, and his mother, Gina Kennedy (née Mazzella), was a stay-at-home mom. Kennedy was named after his father. He has three younger brothers. After the birth of his third brother, in 2011, the family decided to move towns.
Kennedy transferred schools, where he found his love for music. He began writing songs and got began to perform in school shows. Throughout Elementary School, Kennedy wrote and recorded songs, in hope to one day, release an album.
In 2016, Kennedy told The Strategist that he had finished 13 songs, that he hoped to release. "So I’ve written music and lyrics to 13 songs — one is about my great-grandma who passed away; one is called “Part One,” about how we’re just in the first part of our lives; there’s a song called “Vintage,” a song called “Crazy”". One month later, his demo, Part One, had leaked. Sean said that he was mocked about it and it made him never want to sing again. Template:Quote
2017–2019: Career beginnings, "Anyone" and Tell Me
In 2017, Kennedy met sound engineer, Shaul Dover. Sean went to his studio and played some songs. That same year, the pair recorded Kennedy's song "Nona",}} in Sean's effort to create his debut album. The song was, however, not released until 2019 on Tell Me. The two also worked on a few other songs together, but none of them have been mentioned.
As Kennedy began to meet engineers and producers, he also became familiar with recording by himself. In late 2018, he recorded his debut single Anyone, a song he wrote in 2015, and released it on September 13, 2018. The lyrics reflected on Kennedy moving to his new school and struggling to make many new friends. The song received mixed feedback, as some were quick to judge his vocal abilities. Others praised Kennedy for his accomplishment at such a young age. The song did okay, reaching almost 1,000 YouTube views as of April 20, 2019.
After the release of "Anyone", Kennedy took a break from writing and recording. It was not until January 2019 that Kennedy decided to make his debut album. Pulling from almost 90 songs that he wrote, Kennedy took on the process of recording almost all of them. Tell Me came out on March 8, 2019. The album shattered the sales of "Anyone", and was received much better critically. Kennedy included 10 tracks on the album, including an acoustic version of his debut single. All of the tracks were penned by Kennedy himself, not including "Alone at Last", which was written with longtime friend, Evan Volkman. The album greatly increased Kennedy's fanbase throughout the U.S. and beyond. Kennedy has said that he would love to do some live performances for the album, but those have yet to be announced.
One of Kennedy's most vivid memories is hearing Taylor Swift for the first time. Kennedy has also talked about his father's love for rock and his mothers love for country, which he has tried to incorporate in his music. Kennedy has described his music as multilayered, as he has incorporated many different music styles in his songs. He also lists Ed Sheeran, Troye Sivan, Imagine Dragons, and Kacey Musgraves as some of his biggest inspirations and role models. Kennedy says that he enjoys almost any kind of music and that he has no limits to what he'll listen to.
Kennedy's music is a mixture of Pop, Rock, Future bass and Singer Songwriter. Both "Anyone" and Tell Me are listed as pop projects but each contain multiple underlying elements. Kennedy's songs tend to run a little bit longer than a typical pop song, with more lyrics or an added guitar solo. Kennedy wrote 9/10 songs on Tell Me by himself and has talked about how he likes to write alone because it helps him focus directly on the topic.
- "Sean Kennedy in Willy Wonka Jr.". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08g5rv3AsU.
- "Sean's Spotify bio". https://open.spotify.com/artist/4Vco08oleBJvFDzhpee4r7.
- "Sean’s Instagram post on the album release". March 8, 2019. https://www.instagram.com/p/Buw828hHWVl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17y3pk645xezi.
- "Tell Me on Amazon". https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Me-Sean-Kennedy/dp/B07NJHNBTJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3TWTW2VAJTJRO&keywords=tell+me+sean+kennedy&qid=1555701185&s=dmusic&sprefix=tell+me+Sean%2Cdigital-music%2C131&sr=1-1.
- "Teen Drops First Pop Album.". https://www.tapinto.net/towns/somers/articles/teen-drops-his-first-pop-album.
- "Sean's interview for The Strategist". http://nymag.com/strategist/2016/11/the-best-holiday-gifts-for-13-year-old-boys.html.
- "Anyone on YouTube". September 13, 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTaN76jKN-g.
- "Tell Me on Amazon". March 8, 2019. https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Me-Sean-Kennedy/dp/B07NJHNBTJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3TWTW2VAJTJRO&keywords=tell+me+sean+kennedy&qid=1555701185&s=dmusic&sprefix=tell+me+Sean%2Cdigital-music%2C131&sr=1-1.
- "Anyone on Amazon". March 8, 2019. https://www.amazon.com/Anyone-Sean-Kennedy/dp/B07GLFZVPB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=anyone+Sean+kennedy&qid=1555773383&s=gateway&sr=8-2.