Shantilal Muttha Foundation
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 14 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Shantilal_Muttha_Foundation. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shantilal_Muttha_Foundation, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shantilal_Muttha_Foundation.
Template:Infobox organization Shantilal Muttha Foundation is a Indian non-governmental organization involved in the creation, distribution and execution of the Mulyavardhan programme. It is based in Pune, and was founded in 2014 by Shantilal Muttha.
In 1985, Shantilal Muttha founded the Bharitya Jain Sanghatana, which is directly involved in addressing national concerns in the areas of disaster response, social development and educational initiatives. His vision of schools with values led him to form Shantilal Muttha Foundation in 2014. It has a few programs, Mulyavardhan being the most important one, along with SESQ, which is a school improvement program built around frameworks and assessments.
The office in Pune looks after the implementation of these programmes through monitoring and by engaging with multiple stakeholders.
Mulyavardhan (MV) is a constitutional values education programme to help children imbibe democratic values, attitudes and skills in an enabling school climate. It was initiated in 2009 and has evolved through an intensive, evidence-based approach to learning and improvement through pilot-project implementation, impact assessment studies and consultations with national and international experts. The programme has been reviewed and accepted by the Government of Maharashtra and Government of Goa, and pilot projects have been launched by these states in a large number of selected schools, as a first step to implementation.
The program is based on an activity-based approach model, where teachers are trained by SMF trainers. These teachers execute Mulyavardan in their classrooms with the help of materials best suited as per the child's age and grade. It consists of activity books, based on cooperative techniques of pair-work, group discussions and community circles. This is to develop in them constitutional values of liberty, equality, fraternity and justice. it is currently for children from grades I to IV.
The program is now spread in branches for various organisations, and in multiple languages. It has received support from HRD Minister Prakash Javdekar, who introduced the program to educationists in a National level convention.
SESQ is an external school assessment system built upon a well-researched common framework of assessment for all type of schools. It has a generic assessment framework, which promotes high standards of performance, process of continual improvement, and quality assurance practices.
In simple words, it is a rigorous assessment system. It is also flexible and can be configured and customized to suit the requirements of different state governments or nodal agencies. It supports schools and decision-makers with a solution-oriented approach in the efforts towards continuous improvements at the school level.
The Mulyavardhan program has spread notably in the last year, and is now being implemented across all Marathi medium Zilla Parishad schools across Maharashtra, which are in excess of 20,000. They plan to roll out the program in a phased manner. Looking at the current spread of the program, work is also being undertaken to develop the Mulyavardhan App for field persons to use when on the go.
- Muttha, Shantilal (25 September 2017). "Peace, Moral and Value Education-‘Mulyavardhan’: An Innovation for Social Transformation". International Journal of Educational Sciences 4 (3): 231-242. Template:Citation error. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09751122.2012.11890047.
- Halkandar, Vikrant; Gadekar, Meher; Das, Lipsa (September 2013). "The proceeds of value education". Network (IRMA) 17 (3). https://www.irma.ac.in/pdf/network_issue/86.pdf.
- "Value education enters classes in state schools". Bennett, Coleman & Co.. 3 October 2016. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Value-education-enters-classes-in-state-schools/articleshow/54647749.cms.
- Template:Cite website
- "Prakash Javdekar endorses Mulyavardhan". 6 November 2016. http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2016/nov/06/draft-new-new-education-policy-isnt-final-its-for-seeking-inputs-javadekar-1535439.html.
- "Mulyavardhan App". https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mv_gov&hl=en.
- "Report on Mulyavardhan Implementation". March 2016. http://www.mscert.org.in/documents/Mulyavardhan_Implementation_Report_English.pdf.