Sichuan Airlines Flight 8633
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 4 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sichuan_Airlines_Flight_8633. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sichuan_Airlines_Flight_8633, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sichuan_Airlines_Flight_8633.
Template:Infobox aircraft occurrence Sichuan Airlines Flight 8633 was a flight from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport to Lhasa Gonggar Airport on 14 May 2018, which was forced to make an emergency landing at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport after the front windshield of the cockpit broke off. The aircraft involved was an Airbus A319-100. The incident has been adapted into the 2019 film The Captain.
Aircraft and crew
Sichuan Airlines Flight 8633, which was operated with a Airbus A319-100, serial number 4660, registration B-6419, with first flew on 11 July 2011 following rolled out from Airbus Tianjin final assembly line and was delivered to Sichuan Airlines on the 26th of the same month. As for 14 May 2018, the aircraft had recorded more than 199,12.25 flight hours in 12920 flights before the incident. The jetliner also carried two cabin crew and 119 passengers.
The three pilots were experienced pilot in command Liu Chuanjian (刘传健), second-in-command Liang Peng (梁鹏) and the first officer Xu Ruichen (徐瑞辰). Before Liu joined Sichuan Airlines in 2006, he was the flight instructor of a flight academy of People's Liberation Army Air Force in Sichuan.
Template:Expand section On 14 May 2018, Flight 8633 took off from Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport at 6:25 CST (14:25 UTC). When the airplane flew over Xiaojin County, Sichuan at 30,000 feet above the sea, about 40 minutes after departure Jiangbei International airport, the right front windshield of the cockpit was suddenly shattered and falls that lead to the cockpit explosive decompression. The jetliner makes emergency landing at 7:42 CST (15:42 UTC), about 35 minutes later, at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
Xu, the first officer, suffered facial abrasions, a minor right eye injury and a sprained waist. The flight attendant on the aircraft Zhou Yanwen (周彦雯) also suffered a waist injury and received treatment in orthopaedics wards. No other crew member or passenger was injured.
In popular culture
The incident has been adapted into the film The Captain, directed by Andrew Lau. The film, released during the 70th anniversary of the People's Republic of China in 2019, ranked second in box office during the national holiday.
- Goh, Brenda (15 May 2018). "Sichuan Airlines co-pilot 'sucked halfway' out of cockpit, captain says". Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-airplane/sichuan-airlines-co-pilot-sucked-halfway-out-of-cockpit-captain-says-idUSKCN1IG0A1. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "川航客机脱落玻璃未进行过维修更换". The Beijing News. 16 May 2019. http://www.bjnews.com.cn/inside/2018/05/16/487135.html. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "A319-133, Sichuan Airlines, B-515L, B-6419 (MSN 4660)". The A320 Family Archive. Archived from the original on 15 May 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180515112414/https://a320archive.com/msn/4660.
- "空客：已派出技术团队，川航风挡玻璃破裂航班已飞近2万小时" (in zh). The Paper. 15 May 2018. Archived from the original on 28 March 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20190328024407/https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_2131830. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- Wilkinson, Bard; Wang, Serenitie (16 May 2019). "Sichuan Airlines co-pilot sucked halfway out of cockpit window". CNN. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/15/asia/chinese-airline-accident-intl/index.html. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- Template:Cite press release
- "川航3U8633航班经历空中惊魂". China Youth Daily. 15 May 2018. Archived from the original on 18 May 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180518020050/http://zqb.cyol.com/html/2018-05/15/nw.D110000zgqnb_20180515_1-04.htm. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "川航举行3U8633航班当班机组人员媒体见面会 27名旅客留院观察后已全部出院". Chengdu Daily. 17 May 2018. Archived from the original on 19 May 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180519114222/http://www.cdrb.com.cn/epaper/cdrbpc/201805/17/c18345.html. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- "川航超高难度备降机长刘传健：非常荣幸能保证所有旅客的安全" (in zh). The Paper. 14 May 2018. Archived from the original on 2 October 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20191002125418/https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_2129942. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Yau, Elaine (2 October 2019). "Chinese national day holiday box office winners and losers: from My People, My Country to The Captain, patriotism rules". South China Morning Post. https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/entertainment/article/3031224/chinese-national-day-holiday-box-office-winners-and-losers. Retrieved 2 October 2019.