- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 11 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Skoolcheckout. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Skoolcheckout, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Skoolcheckout.
Skoolcheckout is a student information system (SIS) [an automated information processing application] designed to handle students’ academics information and school fees payment, thus enhancing school management and administration. It also grants parents access to monitor their child(ren)’s performances, pay school fees using the most convenient option(Bank, Bank Branch or ATM). SkoolCheckout creates privileges for different authorized users and simplifies complex tasks.
Summary of SkoolCheckout functions
- helps schools manage student registration, student performance, personalized learning, exam organisation, timetable construction, cover management and a range of other school activities
- maintains real-time information to support schools in conducting regular and comprehensive self-evaluations, target resources, support personal development, promote achievements and share good practice
- enables teachers to access information, analyse and input pupil data through the use of integrated desktop tools
- provides web access through the SkoolCheckout Gateway, which allows teachers and parents to access the data in SkoolCheckout from home
- allows parents/guardians pay fees from home without having to know the institutions bank details.
Skoolcheckout is owned by Lufem Systems, a company based in Lagos-Nigeria. Skoolcheckout was officially launched in 2012, and is continuously breaking grounds in many cities of its base country used by multiple institutions within the country. The CEO of the company, Odusami Agbolade, a graduate of University of lagos (UNILAG), first came up with the thought of a system that simplified school administration and management in 2002. He realized that the bane of institutions (many of them schools at the time) was managing its fees collection which 'spurred' him to come up with the application to solve the problem. As time went on, and at the requests of clients, several other modules have been added [more especially course and result management] to the application since its time of creation which now makes its full list of features. Though the application is a hosted service, thus can be accessed from any browser, (at the time this writing) work has begun for a more mobile friendly administrator application as requested from many of its clients. Skoolcheckout has an online version of the application and also mobile versions for Android and Blackberry platforms that allows access for parents/guardians. This mobile application allow payment of fees, checking of results and application into institutions listed on its platform.
- Skoolcheckout's school search engine
- Online version of Skoolcheckout
- Skoolcheckout on Google's Play store
- Skoolcheckout on Blackberry's App world