Sonu S. Ahluwalia
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 28 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sonu_S._Ahluwalia. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sonu_S._Ahluwalia.
Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia is a physician and medical expert who currently serves as the "Clinical Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery" and oversees the Sports Medicine Department at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. He is one of the youngest people to be appointed to this position. He was trained at the Harvard Medical School and is one of the country’s leading doctors, being listed on the Top Doctors list by "US News and World Report". He serves as a recurring medical expert for Fox News and the “Good Day LA” morning show, as well the host of “All is Well with Dr. Ahluwalia” on Colors TV.
Sonu Ahluwalia was the eldest son of an Army Officer in New Delhi, India. He drew inspiration from his father. He moved from India to the United States in 1993 as a medical graduate. He completed his residency in Harvard Medical School and became Chief Resident of Orthopaedic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in 2001. He subsequently completed fellowships in Total Joint Preservation & Replacement and Shoulder Surgery at Harvard University. He then moved to New York City where he trained in a Sports Medicine fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital. As a part of the fellowship, he traveled with professional league teams and took care of athletes throughout the season.
In 2004, Dr. Ahluwalia relocated to California and began his private practice in Beverly Hills, where he attends patients and operates out of Lapeer Surgery Center. He is listed as a Top Doctor by Los Angeles Magazine and Super Doctors Magazine, as well as a Top Doctor by U.S. News & World Report in their annual survey conducted by Castle Connolly, the medical group dedicated to helping consumers find the best healthcare.
Dr. Ahluwalia is currently the "Clinical Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery" at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. Outside of his medical duties, Dr. Ahluwalia is the medical expert for Fox News and the “Good Day LA” morning show. He also appears regularly on nationally broadcast segments for "Entertainment Tonight" and “Extra.”
Overseas, Dr. Ahluwalia is the host of his own talk show, “All is Well with Dr. Ahluwalia,” which is currently airing on Colors TV. In each one-hour episode of the show, Dr. Ahluwalia gives simple solutions & explanations for health related queries in a fun, entertaining manner. The show also includes inspiring stories from celebrities and guests who have fought life-threatening diseases. In 2012, the Wall Street Journal profiled Dr. Ahluwalia in a piece that hailed him as the "Dr. Oz of India".
As an awarded doctor in the medical community, Dr. Ahluwalia has been selected as a speaker at numerous educational conferences, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, California Orthopaedic Association and Cedars Sinai Medical Center, as well as internationally in Scotland and India. He is the author of several papers on orthopaedic surgery and research, and is currently studying options for less invasive hip replacements in older patients.
Dr. Ahluwalia is also board certified in Sports Medicine and oversees the Sports Medicine department of the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. He has worked with several professional athletes from the MLB, NFL, NHL and many university athletic teams. Dr. Ahluwalia has also served as the Assistant Sports Physician to the NHL’s New York Islanders and the NFL’s New York Jets, where he cared for players both on the sidelines and in the operating room.
Awards and Honors
- Listed on the Top Doctors list by "US News and World Report"
- Named a Super Doctor  by the Los Angeles Super Doctors Association
- One of the youngest to be named "Clinical Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery" at Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Orthopaedic training at the "Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program"
- Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery at "Massachusetts General Hospital"
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine at "Lenox Hill Hospital"
- Accredited by the "American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine"
- Graduate of "Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College"
- "Harvard Medical School", Residency and Fellowships
On television :
- "Clinician Directory - Sonu S. Ahluwalia, MD - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center". http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Bios---Physician/A-G/Sonu-S-Ahluwalia-MD.aspx.
- "All is Well with Dr. Ahluwalia"
- "Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia, MD, FACS Orthopedic Surgery". http://www.lapeerhealth.com/sonuahluwalia.html.
- "Orthopedic Surgeon Expert - Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia In Beverly Hills". http://www.sonuahluwaliamd.com/best-orthopedic-surgeon.
- Chow, Jason. "In India, ‘Dr. Oz’ Includes Dancing". http://blogs.wsj.com/scene/2012/06/20/in-india-dr-oz-includes-dancing/.
- "Pooja Batra's ex follows her footsteps". 23 April 2012. http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/news/2012/dr-sonu-ahluwalia-tv-pooja-batra-ex-husband-230412.html.