St. Aloysius Institute of Management & Information Technology
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 25 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:St._Aloysius_Institute_of_Management_&_Information_Technology. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/St._Aloysius_Institute_of_Management_&_Information_Technology, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/St._Aloysius_Institute_of_Management_&_Information_Technology.
Template:Infobox college St. Aloysius Institute of Management & Information Technology (AIMIT) is an independent campus for MBA and IT programmes offered by St. Aloysius College, Mangalore, India. In 2015 AIMIT received the National Dewang Mehta award for the "Best Information Technology Syllabus." 
AIMIT offers the MCA, MBA, MSc (Software Technology), and MSc (bioinformatics) programmes of St Aloysius College (Autonomous), Mangalore. (Autonomous). The MCA and MBA programs are approved through AICTE, Delhi.
MCA. The Master in Computer Applications programme which began in 1999 was located in the IT Building at the old campus. In 2009 the MCA and other Post graduate IT programmes and the MBA programme moved to the AIMIT campus in Beeri, Kotekar. MCA is meant for those who have no prior knowledge of computers, and hence starts with the basic subjects. AIMIT currently offers three streams of MCA specialization beginning in second year: research, network, and software engineering.
Students organize ANVEEKSHA, a technical paper presentation competition, EPITOME, a national level IT fest, and INFOVISION, an IT & bioinformatics exhibition. AIMIT is also part of Campus Connect Programme run by Infosys Technologies, which gives capable students immediate placement.
MBA. In 2004 St Aloysius College in affiliation with Mangalore University launched the full MBA programme with Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Systems, Banking, and International Business as the elective subjects in the second year. In 2010, placements out of the MBA program were in the range of 90%.
MSc Software Technology. This is a two-year post-graduate programme in software engineering, which enables those who have a bachelor's degree in computer applications or computer science to complete their professional studies in two years. It includes subjects like numerical methods, microprocessors, and operations research.
MSc Bioinformatics. This deals only with tools used in bioinformatics or biological data processing. It includes three semesters of technical input in computers and one semester of project placement in companies.
PGDCA. Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Application follows the ITES industry requirement. It deals with office application packages, web designing, programming methodology & techniques, LAN and Internet. and database user. 
On-line learning can be pursued in conjunction with Santa Clara University in California. Courses offered on-line include Starting a Business and Business Expansion. By February 2016 more than 300 AIMIT students had completed an on-line course through Santa Clara's My Own Business Institute.
Management Club. This club organizes programmes during the course of the year, including the following.
- Insignia. This is a national level management fest that gives students experience in organizing and managing.
- Milan is a rural marketing fair organized by the marketing students; it enables rural artisans to display their products.
- Kaizen is a leadership programme conducted by AIMIT students for undergrads in the area, which serves also to acquaint these students with AIMIT.
- Manasa Manthana. This is a national level competition run by AIMIT, for which students write papers on topics like “Recession: Path ahead”.
- Entrepreneurial Development Programme. This exposes outgoing students to experts from their fields for two days of interchange, and is sponsored by KEL Global, Dubai.
- Gavel Club. This club is affiliated with Toastmasters International and improves public speaking skills. Gathering twice weekly, students deliver prepared or impromptu speeches.
- Rural Exposure. All students are expected to participate in this program after third semester. It inserts them in villages in groups of five or six, to familiarize them with rural life. They might work in orphanages or homes for the destitute and aging, and then join in reflection sessions on business ethics. Among its service outreach programs AIMIT also hosts blood donation camps.
- Investment Management. This is a 3-day workshop for outgoing MBA students, familiarizing them with financial planning, with good investment options in the Indian debt and equity market, and with equity investment in general.
- PRAGATi. This consists in various symposia organized by students with topics like “Infrastructure in Mangaluru – benefits and challenges to entrepreneurs” and "Ethos, business opportunities and ecology in Dakshina Kannada."
The library receives 33 magazines and 11 news papers, and offers access to 60 online journals. Aloysius Journal of Manasgement and Research is published by AIMIT. There are over 240 computers available in six separate labs. There is a hostel for ladies and one for men.
By 2016, universities collaborating with AIMIT included: Template:Columns-list
- Home. Accessed 10 June 2016.
- News Karnataka on syllabus award. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- Details. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- "Coastaldigest.com - The Trusted News Portal of India, Coastal Karnataka" (in en). http://coastaldigest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6680:staloysius-college&catid=58:exclusive-news&Itemid=57.
- MCA department. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- MBA department. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- MSIT department. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- MSBIO department. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- PGDCA department. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- University, Santa Clara. "St. Aloysius - MOBI @ SCU" (in en). https://www.scu.edu/mobi/success-stories/institute-of-management--information-technology.html.
- "St Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT) will be organizing a two-day international conference on advanced IT, engineering and management (SACAIM) a t their Beeri campus from October 14. - Times of India". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/St-Aloysius-Institute-of-Management-and-Information-Technology-AIMIT-will-be-organizing-a-two-day-i-nternational-conference-on-advanced-IT-engineering-and-management-SACAIM-a-t-their-Beeri-campus-from-October-14-/articleshow/44799080.cms?.
- Vadivel. "SACAIM 2014 - IJIRCCE::HIGH IMPACT FACTOR JOURNAL: 6.577" (in en-gb). http://www.ijircce.com/special-issue-sacaim-2014.html.
- "Mangalore: 'Insignia' management fest kicks off at AIMIT". http://www.daijiworld.com/news/newsDisplay.aspx?newsID=219596.
- Activities MBA. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- Network, Canara News Media. "AIMIT holds blood donation camp 'Sanjeevini'" (in en). http://canaranews.com/news/canara/AIMIT-holds-blood-donation-camp-Sanjeevini/.
- Library. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- SriNivasGroup. Publications 2014, accessed 13 June 2016.
- Infrastructure. Accessed 13 June 2016.
- Hostel. Accessed 13 June 2016.