- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 30 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Startup_Grind. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Startup_Grind, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Startup_Grind.
Derek Andersen and Spencer Nielsen founded Startup Grind in 2010. Startup Grind's first event was held in Mountain View, California in Andersen's office. In 2011, it spread to Los Angeles and New York City.
The first conference was held at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California on February 4–6, 2013. By August 2013, the organization had fifty chapters in twenty nations. Startup Grind claimed its one hundredth chapter in April 2014 and as of that date, the company existed in forty-two countries.
As of March 2017, Startup Grind had a presence in 200 cities and 98 countries.
Startup Grind events, hosted monthly in each city, follow a 'fireside chat' format where the speaker and the host sit in armchairs facing the audience while the host asks questions. Event speakers included Clayton Christensen (The Innovator's Dilemma), Ben Silbermann (Pinterest), Vinod Khosla (Sun Microsystems), Patrick Grove (Catcha Group), Jessica Livingston (Y Combinator), Dan Fredinburg (Google X) Nigel Morris (Capital One), Eugene Stoltzfus (Rosetta Stone), Jon Steinberg (BuzzFeed), Douglas Gan (VanityTrove) and Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn). The program is powered by Google for Entrepreneurs.
- David Weidner (February 11, 2013). "Monetize, Monetize, Monetize". Wall Street Journal. https://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324906004578288522927857146. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Boitnott, John (19 May 2014). "Entrepreneurship is all over the world -- not just the U.S.". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2014/05/16/entrepreneurship-is-thriving-all-over-the-world/9161077/. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- " Startup Space - Cowork Memphis developing entrepreneurial resource, educational hub". The Daily News. by Andy Meek
- Crawford, James (5 December 2014). "Startup Grind Charleston Educates, Inspires & Connects Entrepreneurs". Silicon Harbor Magazine. http://siliconharbormag.com/2014/12/05/startup-grind-charleston-entrepreneurs/. Retrieved 27 January 2015. "Startup Grind is a global startup community founded in 2010 by Derek Andersen and Spencer Nielsen. Powered by Google for Entrepreneurs, it now has chapters in 125 cities and 55 countries."
- Steimle, Joshua (4 February 2014). "Startup Grind Grows To 75 Chapters Worldwide". Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/02/04/startup-grind-grows-to-75-chapters-worldwide/. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- Taylor, Colleen (25 May 2014). "Now 100 Cities Strong, Startup Grind Aims To Spread The Entrepreneurial Bug Worldwide". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2014/05/25/now-100-cities-strong-startup-grind-aims-to-spread-the-entrepreneurial-bug-worldwide/. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "It's a real Grind, all this keen networking". Cambridge News. October 22, 2013. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150402160053/http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/real-Grind-keen-networking/story-22510232-detail/story.html. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Nicel jane Avellana (February 17, 2014). "Y Combinator is proof that modest launches can still spell long-term success- report". Venture Capital Post. http://www.vcpost.com/articles/21674/20140217/y-combinator-is-proof-that-modest-launches-can-still-spell-long-term-success-report.htm. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "About Us". Startup Grind, Inc.. https://www.startupgrind.com/about-us/. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Startup Grind Greenwich: 14 Pieces of Advice from the Man Who Helped Build Virgin Airlines, AlleyWatch.com March 21, 2014
- Andrew Broadbent (February 29, 2016). "Vinod Khosla: "You Don't Need a CEO," You Need a Founder to Lead & Innovate". Promotional blog. Startup Grind. https://www.startupgrind.com/blog/video-vinod-khosla-you-dont-need-a-ceo-you-need-a-founder-to-lead-innovate/. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "Patrick Grove (Catcha Group)" (in en). https://www.startupgrind.com/events/details/startup-grind-kuala-lumpur-hosted-patrick-grove-catcha-group.
- Natalie Spencer (February 18, 2015). "The World According to Dan Fredinburg". Startup Grind. http://startupgrind.com/2015/02/the-world-according-to-dan-fredinburg/. Retrieved April 27, 2015. ,
- Pierre, Carl (15 May 2013). "Startup Grind DC to Host Nigel Morris, Cofounder of Capital One and QED Investors". DC Inno. http://dcinno.streetwise.co/2013/05/15/startup-grind-dc-to-host-nigel-morris-cofounder-of-capital-one-and-qed-investors/. Retrieved 27 January 2015.
- "Douglas Gan (Co-Founder at VanityTrove.com)" (in en). https://www.startupgrind.com/events/details/startup-grind-singapore-presents-douglas-gan-co-founder-at-vanitytrove-com.
- Beeche, Mat (2 August 2013). "Startup Grind announces global partnership with Google for Entrepreneurs". Startup Daily. http://www.startupdaily.net/2013/08/startup-grind-announce-global-partnership-with-google-for-entrepreneurs/. Retrieved 27 January 2015.