Suicide Squad (film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Suicide_Squad_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Suicide_Squad_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Suicide_Squad_(film).
Suicide Squad is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the DC Comics characters The Joker, Deadshot, Rick Flag and Harley Quinn and is based on the comics characters of the same name. It is the third installment of DC shared film universe. The film is directed by David Ayer. The cast includes Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, and Cara Delevingne.
- Jared Leto as The Joker
- Will Smith as Deadshot
- Tom Hardy as Rick Flag
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
- Jai Courtney as Boomerang
- Cara Delevingne as Enchantress
In February 2009, Warner Bros. hired Justin Marks to adapt Suicide Squad with Dan Lin producing. It will be the third installment in the DC shared film universe. David Ayer was announced as director in September 2014. The film will start shooting in Toronto from mid-April to September and is due for release August 5, 2016.
In November 2014, it was confirmed that Margot Robbie will appear as Harley Quinn, and in the following month, the rest of the cast was announced — Will Smith as Deadshot, Jared Leto as the Joker, Tom Hardy as Rick Flag, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress. Ryan Gosling was in discussions for the role of the Joker before Leto's casting, but declined as he was not willing to sign a contract for multiple films.
- Kroll, Justin (September 19, 2014). "Warner Bros. Circling David Ayer for DC Comics’ ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive)". Variety. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/warner-bros-circling-david-ayer-for-adaptation-of-dc-comics-suicide-squad-1201308883/. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (2 December 2014). "'Suicide Squad Cast Revealed: Jared Leto to Play the Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot". Variety. http://variety.com/2014/film/news/suicide-squad-cast-revealed-jared-leto-to-play-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- McNary, Dave (February 25, 2009). "Warner Bros. sets up ‘Suicide Squad’". Variety. http://variety.com/2009/film/news/warner-bros-sets-up-suicide-squad-1118000590. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Warner Bros. Details Strategic Content Plans at Time Warner Investor Conference". Business Wire. October 15, 2014. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141015006276/en/Warner-Bros.-Details-Strategic-Content-Plans-Time#.VIAoyIvF98E. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "David Ayer's 'Suicide Squad' to Shoot in Toronto For Warner Bros.". The Hollywood Reporter. December 1, 2014. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-ayers-suicide-squad-shoot-753015/.
- Fischer, Russ (October 15, 2014). "DC Comics Movies Announced: ‘Suicide Squad,’ ‘Wonder Woman,’ ‘Justice League,’ ‘The Flash,’ ‘Aquaman’". /Film. http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-movie-slate-revealed/. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Goldberg, Matt (November 10, 2014). "Exclusive: Margot Robbie to Play Harley Quinn in SUICIDE SQUAD". http://collider.com/harley-quinn-suicide-squad-movie-margot-robbie/. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- "Suicide Squad Movie Will Shoot in Toronto from April to September 2015". Collider. http://collider.com/suicide-squad-movie-filming-dates-toronto/. Retrieved 4 December 2014.