- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 2 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Swami_Chetanananda. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Swami_Chetanananda, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Swami_Chetanananda.
Disambiguation: Not to be confused with Swami Chetanananda abbot of The Movement Center, of Portland, Oregon, author of "Songs from the Center of the Well" (http://www.chetanananda.com/).
Swami Chetanananda is a monk of the Ramakrishna Order and is the Minister of Vedanta Society of St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri.He has been associated with the order since 1950. He officially joined the Order as a monk in 1960. He was initiated by Swami Shankarananda, the seventh president of the Order and the private secretary of Swami Brahmananda, a direct disciple of Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
Before coming to the United States in 1971, the Swami worked in the Publication and Editorial Departments of Advaita Ashrama at Mayavati, Himalayas, and its branch in Calcutta. He served as the Assistant Minister of the Vedanta Society of Southern California, Los Angeles, from 1971-1978. In 1977-8, he served as vice-president of the Inter-Religious Council of Southern California, and at present is a cabinet member of Interfaith Partnership of St. Louis. He was transferred to St. Louis, Missouri in March 1978, and served as assistant minister of the Vedanta Society of St. Louis under Swami Satprakashananda. He became the Minister of the Society in January 1980, after the death of Swami Satprakashananda in November 1979. He is also the Minister of the Vedanta Society of Kansas City, Missouri.
The swami has written, translated, and edited many books in English, Bengali, and Sanskrit. He has produced three documentary videotapes and six chanting CDs. Following is a list of some of his publications English:
- Sri Ramakrishna and His Divine Play
- Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play
- Ramakrishna: A Biography in Pictures
- Holy Mother: A Biography in Pictures
- Ramakrishna as We Saw Him
- They Lived with God
- God Lived with Them
- How to Live With God: In the Company of Ramakrishna
- Meditation and Its Methods
- Vedanta: Voice of Freedom
- Vivekananda: East Meets West
- Mahendranath Gupta (M.)
- Girish Chandra Ghosh: A Bohemian Devotee of Ramakrishna
- A Guide to Spiritual Life-Teachings of Swami Brahmananda
- Spiritual Treasurers: Letters of Swami Turiyananda
- How a Shepherd Boy Became a Saint—Teachings and Reminiscences of Swami Adbhutananda
- Avadhuta Gita—The Song of the Ever-Free.
- Dhyanaloke Sri Ramakrishna
- Sri Ramakrishner Sannidhey
- Sri Ramakrishnake Jerup Dekhiachi
- Kalpataru Ramakrishna
- Matri Darshan
- Ya Devi Sa Sarada
- Bahurupe Vivekananda
- Vedanta O Muktir Vani
- Swami Brahmanander Smritikatha
- Swami Shivanandake jerup dekhichhi
- Swami Premanander Jivan O Smritikatha
- Swami Turiyanander Smritikatha
- Swami Saradanander Smritikatha
- Swami Ramakrishnanander Smritimala
- Swami Akhandanandake Jerup Dekhiachi
- Swami Vijnanander Smritikatha
- Swami Subodhanander Smritikatha
- Srima Samipe (Reminiscences of M.)
- Vedanter Aloke Christer Sailopadesh
- Galpa Malika
CDs: Echoes of the Eternal—Peace, Bliss, and Harmony, and Breath of the Eternal—Awakening, Reflection, and Illumination (Sanskrit chants with English translation).
Video Tapes and DVDs: Ramakrishna (A Documentary), Vivekananda as We Saw Him (A Documentary), Parables of Ramakrishna and Swami Gambhirananda: A Documentary.