- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 19 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Taymor_Wily. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Taymor_Wily, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Taymor_Wily.
Taymor Wily during an interview with i24
May 13, 1993|
Majdal Shams, Golan Heights
|Residence||Berlin, Germany and Warsaw, Poland|
|Occupation||Director, Producer Actor|
|Known for||Influence and Necklace Of Prestige|
Taymor Wily (born May 13, 1993) is an award winner filmmaker, producer and actor. He is best known for his 2016 short film, Influence. In 2011, Taymor participated in a movie contest by Red Bull named Redbull Remake and won the best director award by Red Bull.
Early Life and education
Taymor grew up in Majdal shams a small village located on the foothills of mount Hermon in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. He attended Majdal Shams High school and graduated in 2011. Taymor moved to Germany in 2014 and then to Poland, living between the two countries for a year and a half. Wily is fluent in English, Arabic and Hebrew, and he also speaks German and Polish.
In fall 2015, Wily came back to his hometown for few months to work on his new short-film Behind Blue Eyes, which was based on true events from his experience living in Europe and especially in Poland.
Wily plans to go back to Europe to produce some films and start his studies, and in an interview he stated that he would take the first opportunity he gets to move to the United States.
|Template:Dagger||Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2016||Behind Blue Eyes||Short film|
|2014||Tower of the Sun||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Cross||Template:Tick||Documentary|
|2013||Necklace of Prestige||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Tick||Template:Cross||Short film|
Press and Fame
Taymor gained a lot of media attention after his popularity on social media like Facebook, his fan page grossed over 80k fans in couple of months, he was hosted by 7 TV talkshows and interviewed in 3 different languages after the release of his short-film Influence, he was interviewed by Channel 10 (Israel) ,and English/French news channel I24news , HalaTV, Alhurra, Panet , Musawa Channel, and several others.
Wily's content received positive reviews in Israel ,which led to him gaining local fame in even in Europe, many of his social media followers are from Poland and Germany.
Wily's Israeli issued travel document states that his nationality is undefined, he is neither an Israeli citizen nor Syrian.
|2011||Red Bull Remake||Best Director||Template:Won|||
- "تيمور الولي يشارك بمسابقة افضل فكرة اعلان لشركة RedBull". daliluk.com. http://www.daliluk.com/news/read_article.asp?sn=7938.
- "Films Youth, Sports and a meeting with the star of Jaffa in the 'frame' on HLA". panet.co.il. http://www.panet.co.il/article/1148693.
- "Taymor Wily". http://www.taymorwily.com/#!biography/qk3th.
- "Highly motivated movie Necklase of Prestige". jawlany.com. http://www.jawlany.com/docs/2013/1811201301.htm.