The Black Gloves
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 30 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Black_Gloves. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Black_Gloves, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Black_Gloves.
The Black Gloves is an upcoming 2017 horror film directed by Scottish film director and producer Lawrie Brewster and serves as a prequel to his 2013 debut horror film Lord of Tears. The movie is set during the 1940s and tells the story of a psychologist that soon finds himself at odds with the Owlman, a sinister owl-headed figure. The Black Gloves marks the third film that Brewster has directed that stars Jamie Scott Gordon and the second with actress Alexandra Nicole Hulme.
Finn Galloway is a psychologist that has become obsessed with one of his patients, a young woman who had been terrified of a sinister owl-headed entity called the Owlman. His investigations bear little fruit until he learns of a former ballerina named Elisa Grey, who has sequestered herself at the Baldurrock Estate with only her guardian Lorena Velasco for company. Finn discovers that Elisa suffers from identical fears, which prompts him to begin treating her in hopes of uncovering the truth - only to find that this will likely bring him face to face with the terrifying Owlman.
- Macarena Gómez ... Lorena Velasco
- Alexandra Nicole Hulme ... Elisa Grey
- Nicholas Vince ... Uncle Edward
- Jamie Scott Gordon ... Finn Galloway
Filming took place in Scotland and is currently in post production. Like the 2013 Lord of Tears and the connected 2015 film The Unkindness of Ravens, Brewster teamed up with his partner Sarah Daly, who penned the film's script and served as the movie's producer. Also akin to both films, Brewster's Hex Media launched a Kickstarter campaign to help with finishing the movie.
Unlike the prior two films, The Black Gloves was shot entirely in black and white, a "noir look" that Daly stated "seemed a natural fit for the Owlman, who is this shadowy entity, always lurking in dark corners, watching.”
- Alexander, Chris. "The Black Gloves Brings Back The Owlman". ComingSoon.net. http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/news/841281-the-black-gloves-brings-back-the-owlman. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Miska, Brad (2017-04-25). "The Owlman Returns in Lawrie Brewster's Gothic Noir 'The Black Gloves'" (in en-US). Bloody Disgusting!. http://bloody-disgusting.com/indie/3433924/owlman-returns-lawrie-brewsters-gothic-noir-black-gloves/.
- Wedge, Matt (April 26, 2017). "[MOVIES OF THE FUTURE THE BLACK GLOVES"]. http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/movies-future-black-gloves/.
- "The Owlman returns in trailer for horror noir The Black Gloves" (in en-US). Flickering Myth. 2017-04-26. https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/04/the-owlman-returns-in-trailer-for-horror-noir-the-black-gloves/.
- "The Black Gloves (Feature Film) Owlman Supernatural Horror" (in en-US). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lawriebrewster/the-black-gloves-feature-film-owlman-supernatural?ref=creator_nav.
- Gingold, Michael (April 24, 2017). "LORD OF TEARS’ Owlman lives in THE BLACK GLOVES; poster and trailer revealed". http://www.rue-morgue.com/single-post/2017/04/24/LORD-OF-TEARS%E2%80%99-Owlman-lives-in-THE-BLACK-GLOVES-poster-and-trailer-revealed.