The Woodsman (soundtrack)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 27 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Woodsman_(soundtrack). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Woodsman_(soundtrack), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Woodsman_(soundtrack).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (August 2016)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2016)
The Woodsman Original Off-Broadway Solo Recording The Tragic Story of The Tin Man - contains the music from the Off-Broadway play, The Woodsman by James Ortiz. The album features music composed by Edward W. Hardy. The album was released digitally on May 29, 2016.
"The Woodsman" is based upon the forgotten writings of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz-- "The Woodsman" focuses on the story of Nick Chopper, a mortal, a woodsman who falls deeply in love with a young woman. He professes his love and promises marriage. Unbeknownst to him, this beautiful young woman is under the guardianship of a horrible sorceress---the Wicked Witch of the East. The witch puts a powerful curse on the woodsman's axe. Shockingly, he finds himself, losing himself piece by piece. Holding onto the memory of the love shared together with his betrothed, and determined not to be defeated, Nick is replaced part by part with a mechanical limb. Assuring his love, his heart is still true, until the day he is completely transformed into something, something else, A Tin Man. Believing that love can no longer exist between him and his beloved, he releases his true love from the bondage of his circumstances. They speak of him, The Tin Woodsman, left alone to rust in the forest, left alone without his heart. Utilizing Bunraku puppetry, movement, and live accompaniment by Edward W. Hardy, "The Woodsman" delves deeper into the beloved character's history and offers a unique, heartbreaking, and adult perspective on this classic story.
Original Off-Broadway cast
- Ben Bass (Munchkin)
- Devin Dunne Cannon (Ma)
- Will Gallacher (Pa/Tinker)
- Edward W. Hardy (Munchkin/Violinist)
- Amanda Lederer (The Witch/ Tinker)
- Aaron McDaniel (Tinker)
- James Ortiz (Nick Chopper)
- Eliza Simpson (Nimmie)
- Meghan St. Thomas (Munchkin)
- Carol Uraneck (The Witch)
"L. Frank Baum’s Oz is an American folk tale. I composed original music to reflect the period in history and to pay homage to L. Frank Baum’s touching story. The exploration of different genres of music (i.e. romantic, classical, modern, and folk) was used to express a purer sense of the emotions and the intentions of Baum’s characters. There is a freedom in composing original music in a period piece. This story takes place in the mid-1800’s, it is a fantasy that parallels the realities of that time in history. Oz is a dark and mysterious place, where evils abound, and there is an unknown about the future. Oddly, there are many similarities in the world today." – Edward W. Hardy 
- Jessica Khan. "Broadway AM Report, 6/30/2016 - Vineyard Luncheon, Idina on THE TALK and More!". http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Broadway-AM-Report-6302016-Vineyard-Luncheon-Idina-on-THE-TALK-and-More-20160630#. Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- "Edward W. Hardy's wonderful world.". The Pickwyck. http://www.pickwyck.com/blog/edward-w-hardys-wonderful-world. Retrieved 2016-08-28.