Udaipur Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 10 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Udaipur_Chamber_of_Commerce_and_Industry. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Udaipur_Chamber_of_Commerce_and_Industry, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Udaipur_Chamber_of_Commerce_and_Industry.
Template:Use Indian English Template:Infobox non-profit The Udaipur Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UCCI) is an apex body of trade, industry, mining and tourism in southern Rajasthan state of India. It is a non-government, not-for-profit industry-led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in industrial development process. UCCI has membership of over 400 industries/entrepreneurs from the private as well as public sectors. UCCI has received ISO 9001:2008 certification for quality management system, ISO 14001:2004 certification for environmental management system and ISO 18001:2007 certification for Occupational health and safety management. It is authorized by the Government of India to issue Certificates of Origin for the products of exports and also authorized to issue recommendations for Visa. UCCI has strong presence in Southern Rajasthan in the area of trade, industry, mining and tourism. It is headquartered in the city of Udaipur and has presence in southern part of Rajasthan, consisting of Udaipur, Rajsamand, Banswara, Dungarpur, Chittorgarh, Sirohi and Pratapgarh.
UCCI catalyses change by working closely with government on policy issues, enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and expanding business opportunities for trade and industry through a range of specialized services and national linkages. It also provides a platform for sectoral consensus building and networking. Major emphasis is laid on projecting a positive image of business, assisting industry to identify and execute corporate citizenship programmes.
- 1 History
- 2 Objectives
- 3 Office Bearers
- 4 Infrastructure
- 5 Projects
- 6 Initiatives
- 7 Membership
- 8 Affiliations and Registrations
- 9 Awards and Recognitions
Late Shri P.P. Singhal, a great visionary with sharp business acumen and clairvoyance, had the burning urge to consolidate and serve the business community of Southern Rajasthan. Late Shri Singhal was instrumental to promote the interest of trade and industry of this Region, and as a result, in the year 1965, he founded Udaipur Industry & Commerce Association (UICA), which has emerged as an apex organization and main spokesman of the State's Business Community. The UICA adopted its Constitution in 1968-69. Subsequently, UICA was registered under the Rajasthan Non-Trading Companies Act (1960) on 12 February 1979.
Udaipur Industry & Commerce Association (UICA) changed its name to Udaipur Chamber of Commerce & Industry (UCCI) on and from 25 February 1986.
- Enhance its leadership role by being proactive and providing quality services to its constituents.
- Act as a catalyst for rapid economic development and prosperity of the community in the region through promotion of trade, industry and services.
- Strengthening linkages for technological advancement through effective industry government-research partnership.
- Emphasize productivity, improve work ethos and encourage business ethics.
- Enhance the image of business by effectively projecting its credibility and commitment to the society at large.
- To provide most effective contribution to the causes of Small and Medium Scale industries as well Tiny Sector entrepreneurs both economically & socially.
Ramesh K. Singhvi, Owner of R K Phosphate He is the Member Rotary Club, Lions Club and several other organizations awarded Certificate of Appreciation for excellent service.
Senior Vice President
Ashish Chhabra, is the current Sr. Vice President of UCCI. He is the owner of the Blu Feather Hotels and the Surjit Timber Traders, Mr. Chhabra is a second generation entrepreneur who has a long experience in hospitality sector. His keen sense of service excellence has set him apart in the field of business hotels. He has served as an executive member of UCCI in numerous years and is very active in various social causes.
Dr. Anshu Kothari, is the Vice President of UCCI. She is a Partner at Shubh Management Academy which runs the T.I.M.E institute in Udaipur. She is a well known educationist and has been involved with UCCI activities for a while. She is also the chairperson for Publication sub-committee.
Kezar Ali Kurawarwala, is presently a part of the UCCI Executive Committee as the Honorary Secretary General. He is the owner of S.K. Enterprises which is into soapstone and mineral processing. He is also the General Secretary for ISPA (Indian Soapstone Producer's Association).
Jatin Nagori, owner of Amrapali Electricals Pvt. ltd. is an entrepreneur who has a background in banking sector. An alumnus of Faculty of Management Studies, MLSU, Udaipur and Srinivas College of Hotel Management, Mangalore, Mr. Nagori has been an Executive member of UCCI on several occasions. He was Secretary General in 2016-17.
Executive Committee of is the highest decision making body of UCCI which comprises all office bearers and the executive members which are as follows:
- Arvind Singhal
- Hansraj Choudhary
- Ashish Chhabra
- Dr. Anshu Kothari
- Kezal Ali Kurawarwala
- Jatin Nagori
- V.P. Rathi
- Manik Nahar
- Rajendra Kumar Heda
- Sandeep Bapna
- Nandita Singhal
- Pavan Kaushik
- Jagdish Chandra Toshniwal
- Gurpreet Singh Soni
- Babu Lal Kothari
- Kapil Surana
- Manish Galundia
- Narendra Jain
- Narendra Dhing
- Om Prakash Agarwal
- Prakhar Babel
- Ramesh Singhvi
- Rajesh Khamesara
- Rakesh Maheshwari
- Prateek Hinger
- Haseena Chakkiwala
- Shweta Dubey
- Om Prakash Nagda
- Vijay Godha
- Anshul Mogra
- B.H. Bapna
- Ramesh Choudhary
UCCI has the possession of a total land measuring 1.50 lac Sq. ft.
UCCI's Secretariat, situated on newly renovated building where it was shifted and started working w.e.f. 27 February 2014, is situated on a piece of land measuring approx. 9625 Sq. ft.
UCCI's Golden Jubilee Environment Park, with landscape garden and planted with ornamental and other types of trees, is developed approx. 1,00,000 Sq. ft.
P.P. Singhal Conference Hall, which is presently under complete renovation, is on approx. 9900 Sq. ft. and once developed by October 2014, will have a seating capacity of 300 persons. Earlier, before extension & renovation, it was having a seating capacity of 180 persons.
For organizing various Seminars/Workshops/Executive Committee Meetings etc., UCCI has following additional conferencing facilities :
- PP Singhal Hall - 300 seating capacity
- Aravali Hall- 150 seating capacity
- HZL Hall- 100 seating capacity
- Committee Hall - 24 seating capacity
- Reception Hall of Secretariat - 50 seating capacity
- Party Hall - 50 seating capacity
Besides above-mentioned existing infrastructure facilities, in near future, UCCI shall also be able to develop a big Seminar Hall under the name "Pyrotech Hall" with seating capacity of approx. 150 persons, and a few business Incubation Centers on the first floor above P.P. Singhal Hall.
1. SDC Project :
- Promotion of Rural Tourism
- Development of Minor Minerals
- Human & Institutional Development
- Gainful Utilization of Marble Slurry
2. Recycling of water using Filter Press in Marble Industries,
3. Entrepreneurship Development Project of KVIC
4. Hazardous Waste Management Facility near village Gudli, Phase-I
5. Sub-Contracting Exchange Project of Govt. of India.
Projects in Hand
1. Environment Park IV Phase Project at M.I.A., Madri
2. UCCI-Ahar River Project at Sukha-Nakha, Udaipur
3. Hazardous Waste Management Facility near Village Gudli, Phase-II
4. Udaipur Industrial Waste Management & Research Center
5. ZDH/SEQUA Business Membership Organization Programme
6. Renovation of UCCI Infrastructure
7. Capacity Building of Chamber
8. Upgradation of Chamber’s Dynamic Website
9. Massive Tree Plantation under the Project "Clean Industry, Green Industry"
1. UCCI Canteen
2. Marble Slurry Handling & Management
3. Udaipur as Town of Excellence
4. E-Waste Collection Centre
5. Common Effluent Treatment Plant
6. Mineral Testing Laboratory
7. Setting up of Business Incubation Centres at UCCI
Vocational Training Centre
In 2017, the Vocational Training Center at UCCI was inaugurated by Hon. Minister Shri. Nitin Gadkari. This brilliant initiative envisioned by UCCI President Shri. Hansraj Choudhary has grown into a thriving skill development facility which is producing over 400 students a year. We are proud to claim that the VTC has been able to provide 100% placement support to its graduates. Skill development is a specific area where we seek partnership and support.
VTC at UCCI has successfully completed 20 batches from July 2017 till date and have trained approx 400 students out of which 320 students are already placed. It is made sure that at VTC, the practical training imparted to students develop their skills in such a way that they prove as a resource to the industry. VTC is highly appreciated by all the industries for providing such skillful trainees who can understand the need and then add value to the industry.
The training is conducted by a team of young, enthusiastic, energetic and reputed Chartered Accountants of the Industry and is surely doing a wonderful job by devoting their precious time and generating employability for the trained youth. The university, college or school level knowledge is very theoretical and this knowledge does not match with the required skills in an industry. So UCCI has come up with the vision and mission of removal of this gap and become a bridge between the industries and the youth.
In 2012, under the leadership of the then President, Mr. C.P. Talesara, UCCI embarked upon the journey under the name and style "THE METAMORPHOSIS", meaning Transformation. This was the process of morphing itself into a Youthful and Energetic Chamber. The effort culminated into the UCCI Membership Directory, and setting up of a fund of Rs. 129 lacs for its use in Chamber Bhawan Renovation Work.
Clean Industry, Green Industry
In 2014, UCCI started massive plantation in industrial areas of Udaipur consisting of Madri, Sukher, Amberi, Gudli and Kaladwas under the project "Clean Industry, Green Industry". It was started in July 2014 and has resulted in transformation of industrial areas in Udaipur. It has resulted in oxygen-rich green pockets in all industrial areas.
UCCI has also developed a beautiful landscape & garden under its Environment Park Project on a piece of land measuring approx. 100,000 sq.ft. Behind Chamber Bhawan at Madri, Udaipur. The entire area of the park is covered with lawns and planted with different kinds of ornamental plants & trees.
Ahar River Project
UCCI has successfully implemented "UCCI-Ahar River Project" on Public Private Partnership basis for restoring the lakes in Udaipur and improving the quality of the ground water along the Ahar River as well as environment around the area. Chamber's efforts in this direction have been taken on the records of Planning Commission of India, New Delhi.
Hazardous Waste Management
UCCI has established a Common Hazardous Waste Management Facility near village Gudli, Distt. Udaipur, on BOOT basis with an investment of Rs. 180 million. On issuance of the Consent to Operate the Facility by RSPCB in July, 2006, the common waste & secured landfill facility in Udaipur has become operative, and with the operation of this Facility at Udaipur, Rajasthan became the Fifth State in the country and the First in Northern India, where Common Hazardous Waste Treatment & Disposal Facility existed and proved as a blessing for all the hazardous waste generating industries of Rajasthan. As on date, more than 680 industries have been registered by UCCI for utilizing HWM facility. During appraisal of this Facility, the Hon'ble Supreme Court Monitoring Committee has called the efforts of UCCI as unique one in the entire country, and rated the Facility as of A++ Category.
UCCI has a direct membership of 415 industries/entrepreneurs from the private as well as public sectors. Besides direct membership, UCCI has approx. 3000 indirect membership strength. UCCI's membership is classified into 24 different categories representing from various facets of trade, commerce and business. Broadly, the total membership categorization is as under:
- A-1 category – Large and Medium Scale Enterprises - 78
- A-2 category – Small Scale Industries -175
- A-3 category – Traders and Professionals - 130
- A-4 category - Member Bodies and Institutions - 27
The members of UCCI are large, medium, and small scale industries, member bodies, educational institutions, professionals viz chartered/cost accountants, lawyers, tax consultants, technical consultants, etc.
Affiliations and Registrations
- PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry (PHD-CCI)
- Federations of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (RCCI)
- The Employer’s Association of Rajasthan (EAR)
- Federations of Rajasthan Trade & Industry (FORTI)
- Federation of Indian Mineral Industry (FIMI)
- Indo German Chamber of Commerce (IGCC)
- Confederations of Indian Industries (CII)
- Confederations of All India Traders (CAIT)
- Confederations of Indian Exporters (CIE)
- Federation of Indian Exports Organization (FIEO)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
Awards and Recognitions
1. UCCI's efforts in promoting establishment of a Common Hazardous Waste & Treatment & Disposal Facility (HWM Facility), near village Gudli, District Udaipur, on BOOT basis with an investment of Rs. 120 millions were remarked as unique one in the entire country and rated as of A++ category, during appraisal of the Facility by the Hon'ble Supreme Court Monitoring Committee.
2. During the year 2012-13, UCCI has been conferred with "Treasure Hunt LTT Excellent Award" as the Best Association.
3. UCCI has also been conferred with "The Rotary Environment Award 2012-13 for Best Organization for Environment Protection Activities". The Award has been instituted jointly by Rotary Club, Udaipur; Council for Environment Education & Research of India and Tulsi Niketan.