Vaidya Rama Kant Mishra
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 13 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vaidya_Rama_Kant_Mishra. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vaidya_Rama_Kant_Mishra, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vaidya_Rama_Kant_Mishra.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2020)
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (December 2019)
Vaidya Rama Kant Mishra (also written as Vaidya RK Mishra) was an Indian writer and lecturer. He was born in 1952 at Bhagalpur, Bihar, India in a family of traditional Vaidyas (Ayurvedic physicians). He studied Āyurveda from his father Kameshwar Mishra from a young age and then embarked upon formal education from Bihar University (Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University). This was followed by a Sanskrit Degree from KSD University (Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University). He traveled to the US to work for MAPI (Maharishi Ayurveda) where he jointly authored a number of books on Ayurveda. He introduced combining Ayurveda and traditional knowledge with modern methods, which he called "from sutra to science". He was the first Ayurvedic physician to discuss harmful effects of EMF and EMR, which he proposed long before the recent confirmation that EMF and EMR have biologically harmful effects. He also placed a strong emphasis on diet as a method of prevention and treatment and spent much time researching and understanding the impacts of different foods and methods of processing and preparing foods on maintaining good health.
He cowrote The Answer to Cancer: Is Never Giving It A Chance To Start.
He died on 13 April 2017.
- Vaidya Mishra. "Electromagnetic Toxins" (in en-gb). https://layoga.com/life-style/health-wellness/electromagnetic-toxins/.
- Brian Chance. "Secrets Of An Ayurvedic Kitchen" (in en-gb). https://layoga.com/life-style/ayurveda/secrets-of-an-ayurvedic-kitchen/.
- Rocco, Michael (27 April 2017). "a video testimonial, a Tribute to Vaidya Mishra, and SVA tools for home detox - Vaidya Mishra's Newsletter #16, Vol 7, April 27, 2017". https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Beat-Chronic-Allergies-with-SVA---a-video-testimonial--a-Tribute-to-Vaidya-Mishra--and-SVA-tools-for-home-detox---Vaidya-Mishra-.html?soid=1102090353539&aid=WnQ8UULf-7k.