- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vanniaperumal_IPS. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vanniaperumal_IPS, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vanniaperumal_IPS.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:Underlinked oooh, orphan
Template:Infobox police officer K. Vanniaperumal (born 21 May 1968) is an IPS Officer of 1992 Batch of Indian Civil Service. He is known in the department for his community policing concepts, tough on implementing Law & Order; and as the Officer who encourages the Modern and human approach in Police Department.
K. Vanniaperumal was born in an agriculturist family in Puliangudi Village near to Tenkasi in Tirunelveli District. His father Karuppiah was an Agriculturist and his mother Veerammal was a house wife. He pursued his studies at Puliangudi Higher Secondary School, where he bagged the School First marks in the public examination. He was determined to become an IAS Officer but situation forced him to join Civil Engineering at PAC Ramasamy Raja Polytechnic and then made him choose AMIE in civil engineering
After his degree he wrote the Civil Services Exam and got selected to Indian Police Service in 1992. After the training at the Sardar Vallabai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad he did the field training in Sivagangai District.
Assistant Superintendent of Police
After Field Training, he was posted to Tanjore Rural as Assistant Superintendent at Police.He assisted the SP Tanjore in famous 8th world Tamil conference . After Tanjore, he was posted to Mannargudi. After seeing his performance in bringing down the Caste Clashes, he was recommended to handle the most feared territory, Sankarankovil which was known for its Caste Clashes. After successful tenure, K. Vanniaperumal was promoted as Deputy Commissioner of Police – Tirunelveli city during 1996.
Deputy Commissioner of Police & Superintendent of Police
After successful tenure at Tirunelveli, K. Vanniaperumal was transferred to Kanyakumari as Superidendent of Police It was during his period that Aristem (so called Ayurvedic medicine; but actually a form of Liquor) was eradicated a from Kanyakumari.. During this period the famous Thiruvallur statue was inaugurated The Law & Order of the Coastal areas were effectively handled. He was then transferred to Theni district as Superintendent of police and during this tenure only the famous Antipatti Election was successfully conducted
Deputy Inspector General of Police
K. Vanniaperumal was then promoted as Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) and posted to Dindigul Range during 2006 and was later transferred to Villupuram Range. The problems related to Chidambaram Temple, NLC Strike, World Earth Conference & Communal problems were effectively. K. Vanniaperumal was then posted to Salem District as Commissioner.next year he became DIG Salem Range
Inspector General of Police
In the year 2009, K. Vanniaperumal was promoted as Inspector General of Police (IGP) and served as City Commissioner for Trichy city He became to Inspector General of Police Law & Order Central Zone and Inspector General of Police Law & Order West Zone later on. He was later posted as Chief Vigilance Officer for Tamil Nadu State Corporation – Madurai . After serving for a period of 1 year in Madurai, he was transferred to Chennai City as IGP – State Record Crime Bureau. He was responsible for Computerizing this Department and also played a major role in CCTNS. K. Vanniaperumal was then posted as – Training where he now serves to take care of all Inservice Training Schools in Tamil Nadu and Police Recruit Schools where he overlooks all the Training activities of Tamil Nadu Police Department.
K. Vanniaperumal is married to Rathina Sankari, a renowned Painter and the daughter of Udaya Sankar, a well-known Police Officer. They have 2 Children, the elder daughter named Packiya Lakhsmi and younger daughter named Sharmila.
Hobbies & Other Activities
Hailing from an Agricultural Family, Authored the Agricultural Book - Integrated Farm Development. Which was approved as a syllabus for agricultural diploma course in manon maniam sundaranar university. As an ardent lover of Fiction, K. Vanniaperumal has also scripted Drama and his short film, Podhigai Pudayal was awarded “The Best Play” by all India radio, which later on was made as a short film in Telugu and Malayalam. K. Vanniaperumal also bagged the 3rd Price in World Level Wildlife Photography Contest for his Bamboo flowering photos.
- Autobiography of Vanniaperumal IPS - https://www.kvanniaperumalips.com/
- Listed in Yadav History Page - http://yadavhistory.com/ias_ifs_ips__civil_servants
- Auto Biography listed in Desi Times - http://news.desigoogly.com/blog/k-vanniaperumal-ips-biography-4-steps/
- Promoted as IGP was Published in The Hindu(2013) - http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/top-ips-officers-recalled-from-transport-postings/article4363521.ece
- Name Published in Ulaga Tamil Yadav Peravai as First Yadava directly recruited for IPS - https://tamilyadav.wordpress.com/tag/history/ ( December 2009)
- Supported Organ Donation – Speech during Training of Trainers for Tamilnadu Police - http://www.mohanfoundation.org/activities/Training-of-trainers-for-Tamil-Nadu-Police-on-Organ-Donation-1891.htm (May - 2015)
- Posted as IG – News Published in The Hindu - http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/state-reshuffles-ips-officers/article2614232.ece (November, 2011)
- A historical treasure, hunting & fictional story written and directed by K. Vannia Perumal I.P.S - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFdGvm_sGrg (July, 2013)