Vermont Council on Rural Development
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 11 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vermont_Council_on_Rural_Development. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vermont_Council_on_Rural_Development, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vermont_Council_on_Rural_Development.
The Vermont Council on Rural Development is a non-profit, federally supported, state rural development council that combines public and private resources to fund programs that improve the rural communities of Vermont, a largely rural state. The organization was created in 1992.
The organization coordinates two key initiatives around creating a green economy: an initiative called "Vermont Climate Economy Initiative" designed around developing enterprises focused on responding to global warming; and a "Climate Model Communities Program" coordinated with Efficiency Vermont to improve the sustainability of whole communities in Vermont.
- "Council encourages Wilmington residents to set priorities" by Erin George, The Brattleboro Reformer (March 13, 2001)
- "Creative economy works in Vermont", editorial, The Burlington Free Press (April 15, 2006)
- "Getting creative with economics" by Lauren Ober, The Burlington Free Press (April 29, 2006)
- "Group thinks into the future" by Paul Costello and Sarah Waring, Rutland Daily Herald (Dec 30, 2007)
- "Vermont's quiet crisis: Why we need an action plan for the working landscape" by Paul Costello, Rutland Daily Herald (Dec 26, 2010)
- "Creating a climate economy" by Jon Copans (op-ed by the director of the Climate Economy Model Communities Program at the VCRD), Rutland Daily Herald (March 3, 2017)
- "About VCRD | vtrural.org". https://www.vtrural.org/about.
- Weiss-Tisman, Howard. "Brattleboro Forum Weighs Economic Impact, Opportunity Of Climate Change" (in en). https://www.vpr.org/post/brattleboro-forum-weighs-economic-impact-opportunity-climate-change.
- "Vermont Climate Economy Initiative" (in en-US). https://www.vsjf.org/programs/vermont-climate-economy-initiative/.
- footnotes, Press Release Dec 18 2018 | no reader (2018-12-18). "Vermont Council on Rural Development invites community applications" (in en-US). https://vtdigger.org/2018/12/18/vermont-council-rural-development-invites-community-applications/.
- Aug 26 2019August 26, Press Release; Footnotes, 2019 | No Reader (2019-08-26). "Vermont Council on Rural Development presents community leadership awards" (in en-US). https://vtdigger.org/2019/08/26/vermont-council-on-rural-development-presents-community-leadership-awards/.
- "Vermont Working Landscape Partnership | vtrural.org". https://www.vtrural.org/programs/working-lands.
- "Policy Councils | vtrural.org". https://www.vtrural.org/programs/policy-councils.
- "Summits and Convenings | vtrural.org". https://www.vtrural.org/programs/summits.