- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 7 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vets4pets. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vets4pets, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vets4pets.
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (December 2016)
Template:EngvarB oooh, orphan
Vets4Pets Ltd was a Guernsey based veterinary business which operated a national network of joint venture Partner veterinary practices focusing on treatment of small animals(domestic pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits etc.). The group company enters into a Joint Venture Partnership with one or more Veterinary Professionals (usually a veterinary surgeon or Veterinary Nurse) to open a new small animal practice in a predetermined location. The Practices were supported by two main Support Offices located in Guernsey and Nottingham which provide partners and their practices with full administrative support.
The business was sold to the Companion Care Ltd arm of the Pets at Home Group in 2013.
Vets4Pets was founded in 2001 with the opening of the first practices in Eccleshill and Bramley. The main support centre was based in St Peter Port, Guernsey with a satellite office based in Leeds. Between April 2001 and December 2005 the company opened 20 practices. In August 2004, the company's main support centre moved to larger premises in St Martin, Guernsey. Between January 2006 and March 2013 Vets4Pets opened a further 77 practices throughout the UK and in 2008 opened a small UK based support centre in Nottingham to supplement the larger Guernsey based office. In March 2013 the company was sold to Pets at Home for an undisclosed amount. At the time of sale, the company was operating a total of 97 practices. As at December 2015 the Vets4Pets group operates over 265 practices throughout the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Vets4Pets operates practices under a system called the ‘Joint Venture Partnership’. This is similar to a franchise between Vets4Pets and the franchisee; however, Vets4Pets own shares in the franchisee business rather than just providing services under a franchise agreement.
- Guernsey Registry for Vets4Pets www.greg.gg. 3 February 2013.
- Vets4Pets taking a lead in the Veterinary World www.thisisguernsey.com. 3 February 2013.
- Vets4Pets Partner Website Launch www.petgazette.biz. 3 February 2013.
- Tostevin, Simon. "Recession clears way for Vets4Pets' big growth push", Guernsey Press and Star, Guernsey,18 June 2009.
- Vets4Pets steps on it www.thisisguernsey.com. 3 February 2013.
- Companies house, Company registration number: 1822577, 1991
- https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/09/pets-at-home-buys-vets4pets?INTCMP=SRCH Retrieved on 9 April 2013
- Arsenault, Jane."Forging Nonprofit Alliances: A Comprehensive Guide to Enhancing Your Mission Through Joint Ventures and Partnerships" Jossey Bass,1998, p.33-49.
- Neville, Simon (April 9, 2013). "Pets at Home pays around £40m for Vets4Pets". https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/09/pets-at-home-buys-vets4pets. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Henry, C.; Obe, T.R.H.T.L.B. (2013). Veterinary Business and Enterprise: Theoretical Foundations and Practical Cases. Elsevier Health Sciences UK. pp. 124–125. ISBN 978-0-7020-5823-3. http://books.google.com/books?id=bXqzAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA124. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "Weirdest items found in dogs' stomachs revealed by Vets4Pets". Huddersfield Daily Examiner.