- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Wordsmith_(musician). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wordsmith_(musician), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wordsmith_(musician).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2016)
Wordsmith aka Anthony Parker is a Singer-Songwriter and philanthropist from Baltimore, MD United States. Wordsmith began his music career in 2009 with the opening of his label NU Revolution Entertainment. He's released a handful of projects (most recently 2015's "Apt. 507"), played festivals like Light City Baltimore and licensed his work for national advertisements and TV shows. Eyeing a winter release for his next album "Perspective Jukebox", Wordsmith will be setting out on a 35-date tour taking him to Israel and Africa. (He's used to touring — in 2015, Wordsmith performed for U.S. service members in Kuwait, Africa and the United Arab Emirates.)
Wordsmith was born in Germany and lived around the world growing up due to his Father being in the Army. A dual citizen of Germany and the US Wordsmith has resided in New York, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Texas and Kansas before settling down in Baltimore, MD.
Wordsmith began his college career by accepting an athletic scholarship to play Football at Morgan State University and later received his Bachelor's degree in TV production and Theatre Arts from Salisbury University.
- "Name to know: Wordsmith". baltimoresun.com. http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/arts/bs-ae-up-and-comers-wordsmith-20160826-story.html.
- "DC Spotlight: Wordsmith". dcspotlight.com. http://www.dcspotlight.com/featured/in-the-spotlight-with-wendy-thompson-wordsmith-the-rapper-with-something-important-to-say/.
- "Labtekwon and Wordsmith, two brainy, hard-spitting islands unto themselves, drop deeply contrarian albums". citypaper.com. http://www.citypaper.com/music/bcp-cms-1-1587949-migrated-story-cp-20131120-music-20131120-story.html.
- "Rap Sheet: Dirt Platoon, Wordsmith, and Future Fest". citypaper.com. http://www.citypaper.com/music/music-boxes/rap-sheet/bcp-rap-sheet-dirt-platoon-wordsmith-and-future-fest-20150324-story.html.
- "Wordsmith: My Purpose, My Dream". baltimoretimes-online.com. http://baltimoretimes-online.com/news/2015/may/08/wordsmith-my-purpose-my-dream/.