- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 21 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Yehia_Abugabal. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Yehia_Abugabal.
|Yehia I. Abugabal|
Dr. Yehia Abugabal during one of his lectures
January 31, 1987|
|Education||Clinical oncology, Ain Shams University|
|Alma mater||Ain Shams University, Faculty of Medicine (MBBCh)|
|Occupation||Researcher, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
Yehia Abugabal is an Egyptian oncologist, and a leading international advocate for the rights of youth and their inclusion. Abugabal is a researcher at MD Anderson Cancer Center and founder of the International Cancer Research Center.
Abugabal was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt. His father and mother are a doctors with four siblings who are doctors as well. After completing high school at age sixteen, Abugabal received his medical doctorate from the University of Ainshams. He went on to receive a masters in clinical oncology in 2013.
Abugabal is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology [ASCO] and the European Society of Medical Oncology.
He founded the International Cancer Research Center and acted as its CEO. The organization works for awareness, patients support, education, research, and programs to train professionals. He also started collaborating with other entities. The center worked with the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the United States to train researchers for six months, certify them, and offer the course in Egypt.[no citations needed here]
In February 2017 represented Egypt in the World Government Summit in Dubai, UAE as an expert in expert on youth inclusion, negotiation, leadership and countering violent extremism, where he helped design programs on youth and the role of governments to be implemented.[no citations needed here]
Honors and awards
Abugabal was named one among Forbes top 30 under 30 in 2016 under healthcare category. Forbes Middle East named him one of the top five change makers in the Middle East for 2016. [[Arabian Business]] magazine named him one of the top 100 influential Arabs under 40, and Cairo Scene online magazine named him one of top 16 Egyptian changing the country in 2016, his story was covered by the German tv channel Deutche Welle
His research areas of interests are breast medical oncology. He is interested in the introduction of guidelines in oncology practice. He frequently talks about cancer patients who are young, and their concerns pertaining to the hair loss during the chemotherapy.
- Flows, Capital. "Yehia Abugabal, 28 - pg.2". https://www.forbes.com/pictures/eedh45fkigh/yehia-abugabal-28/#6fde47f67150.
- "Cancer Treatment & Cancer Research | MD Anderson Cancer Center" (in en). https://www.mdanderson.org/.
- Caroline Howard; Emily Inverso. "30 Under 30 2016: Healthcare". https://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2016/healthcare/. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Techne Summit :: Alexandria, Egypt. 7-8 May, 2016". https://technesummit.com/.
- "World Precision Medicine (China) Summit 2016-". http://www.bio-equip.cn/ensrc.asp?ID=4876.
- "Vaccines R&D-2015 | November 02–04, 2015,Baltimore, USA | United Scientific Group | Speakers". http://www.unitedscientificgroup.com/conferences/vaccines/2015/speakers.
- Gong, Grace (2017-01-27) (in English). The Last Key To Success. Grace Gong. ISBN 9780692831939. https://www.amazon.com/Last-Key-Success-Grace-Gong/dp/0692831932.
- "Founders". http://www.thelastkeytosuccess.com/team/. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "ForbesMiddleEastEnglish Issue44.pdf". http://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/en/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/woocommerce_uploads/2016/02/ForbesMiddleEastEnglish_Issue44.pdf.
- "100 under 40: The world’s most influential young Arabs - ArabianBusiness.com" (in en). http://arabianbusiness.com/100-under-40--world-s-most-influential-young-arabs-625956.html?itemid=625835.
- "16 of 2016: The Egyptian Men and Women Changing the Country". http://cairoscene.com/LifeStyle/16-of-2016-Egypt-s-Real-Influencers.
- DW عربية (2017-08-22), مؤثرون شباب..ما سرُ نجاحِهم؟ | شباب توك, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLy7D_SPZM&list=PL3B8A2663363C4402, retrieved 2017-08-25
- "Giving Young Egyptian Cancer Patients Their Dream Hairstyles". 2016-03-14. https://egyptianstreets.com/2016/03/14/giving-young-egyptian-cancer-patients-their-dream-hairstyles/.