- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 14 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Young_Chizz. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Young_Chizz, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Young_Chizz.
Template:Short description oooh, orphan
|Born||Queens, New York City, U.S.|
|Occupation||Rapper, Entrepreneur, President of TMG Music Group/T.O.N.Y Media Group|
Young Chizz is a rapper from Jamaica, Queens, New York. His stage name was inspired by one of his grandmothers, as she always called him "Child" and "Young Child". Young Chizz was formerly known for the single "Jump On It", which he recorded while part of the duo Fame & Chizz (released in March 2010, according to the iTunes store). Fame & Chizz also recorded a song called "Moving", which was picked up by Michael Cherry of NASCAR. The success was short lived, however, as they had to put their music career on hold for personal reasons, which Young Chizz mentioned in an on-air interview with DJ Cap Cee from WAEB-FM, better known as "B104".[no citations needed here]
In addition to founding T.O.N.Y Media Group, Young Chizz introduced himself as a solo artist, releasing "Swagger On a Million" in March 2012, according to iTunes. The video for the song debuted on MTV.com in July; by August 2012, it reached the #7 spot on the Mediabase Rhythmic/Indie chart. The video is also on Vevo. Also in 2012, the video for his single, "Here Comes the Blue", was recorded at East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania. His hit single, "#Mobbin", became available for purchase on iTunes on May 6, 2013 (according to the iTunes store). The video for "#Mobbin" was partially filmed in Easton, PA as well as Norfolk, VA, several spots in New York, and Washington, NJ's Merrill Creek Reservoir. It premiered during a private viewing held at Larry Holmes' restaurant, Champ's Corner, located in Easton, Pennsylvania. The video premiered publicly on July 15, 2013, and was voted the Lehigh Valley's top entertainment happening of 2013.
In August 2013, the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks joined Young Chizz in announcing that he would be creating the official theme song and music video for the Professional Indoor Football League team. The following month, September 2013, Young Chizz and the PIFL team joined forces to hold a food drive in Easton, PA, benefitting a local women and children's shelter. In 2014, he performed during a New Year's Eve party at Drinkys Nightclub for the second year in a row in Easton, Pa.
- Gulfstream Music
- Feelin Right
- I'm Mean
- No Help
- Just Can't Figure It Out
- Call 911
- Massa Gone
- Compound Music
- Got Me Working (2012)
- Swagger On A Million (2012)
- #Mobbin (2013)
- Feeling Like A SteelHawk (2014)
- Pepto (2014)
- #YAAS (2014)
- Coronas & Grenadine (2015)
- How I Remember Hip Hop (2014)
- Burn The Billboard (2014)
- CYMANDYE. "Young Chizz #Mobbin Video". http://hiphopsince1987.com/2013/videos/young-chizz-imyoungchizz-mobbin-video/. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Canino, Cos. "Exclusive Interview with Young Chizz". underdarock.com. http://www.underdarock.com/blog/exclusive-interview-with-young-chizz/. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Janci, Janelle (22 June 2013). "Young Chizz to film hip-hop music video today in Easton's Centre Square". The Express Times. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/music/index.ssf/2013/06/young_chizz_to_film_hip-hop_mu.html. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Fame & Chizz". Drive for Diversity. http://www.jxzetra.com/samples/fame_chizz/content/d4d.html. Retrieved 3 February 2013. Template:Dead link
- "About". TonyMediaGroup.com. http://www.tonymediagroup.com/#!about/c1ktj. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Radio Play". Registermymusic.com. http://www.registermymusic.com/. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Smith, Chad (3 February 2013). "At ESU football field, rapper makes video aimed at Giants fans". Pocono Record. http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121119/NEWS/211190308&cid=sitesearch. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Schoof, Dustin (12 July 2013). "Young Chizz returns to Easton for premiere of '#Mobbin' music video". The Express Times. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/dustin-schoof/index.ssf/2013/07/young_chizz_returns_to_easton_for_premiere_of_mobbin_music_video.html. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Passeggio, Alyssa (31 December 2013). "You voted: A locally filmed music video was the top entertainment happening of 2013". The Express Times. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general/index.ssf/2013/12/what_was_your_favorite_enterta.html. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Schoof, Dustin (2 October 2013). "Rapper Young Chizz to create official theme song for Lehigh Valley indoor football team". The Express Times. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/music/index.ssf/2013/08/rapper_young_chizz_to_create_o.html. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Coombe, Tom (6 February 2014). "Meet Rapper Young Chizz and Fight Hunger This Week". Easton Patch. Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140222152038/http://easton.patch.com/groups/week-ahead/p/meet-rapper-young-chizz-and-fight-hunger-this-week. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "New Year's Eve: Peepsfest, laser tag, live music and other ways to ring in 2015 in the Lehigh Valley". Dustin Schoof. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general/index.ssf/2014/12/peepsfest_laser_tag_live_music.html. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Young Chizz Provoked". https://www.audiomack.com/album/young-chizz/provoked. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "iTunes". https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/young-chizz/id510149123. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "AudioMack". http://www.audiomack.com/search?q=YOUNG+CHIZZ&show=songs&sort=relevance. Retrieved 30 July 2014.