- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 19 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Zander_Bleck. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Zander_Bleck.
Zander Bleck, born Thomas Zander Bleck, is an American recording artist, vocalist, and songwriter from Hunterdon County, New Jersey. He was signed to Interscope Records by Jimmy Iovine, where he worked with producers RedOne and Mutt Lange, before being signed to 2101 Records. He now releases music Independently.
Bleck was born in Hunterdon County, New Jersey and grew up in a musical family. After playing competitive sports in high school, he moved to New York City, and began modeling internationally. He simultaneously started his first band “Monument” which led him to embark on a career in music. In 2008, he left the band and began focusing on writing and strengthening his voice. 
In 2009, Bleck self-released an EP titled Zander Bleck. Soon after, he lent his vocals to A&R Nima Nasseri for a remake of the Tears for Fears classic "Everybody Wants to Rule The World". Released on Star 69 Records, the track peaked at #5 on the Billboard Dance Charts.
Zander’s voice caught the ear of songwriter Holly Knight, which led to the two to collaborate on the song “Temptation”. The song caught the attention of producer RedOne, following the latter’s international recognition for producing Lady Gaga’s breakthrough album, The Fame. In a 2011 USA Today interview, RedOne called Bleck’s voice “A mixture of Jim Morrison, Bono, and Freddie Mercury” and added, “There’s no singer like that right now.” RedOne then introduced Zander to Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M, who offered him a recording contract with Interscope Records.
In 2012, Zander released Temptation, his first single on Interscope, produced by RedOne. He later worked with producer Mutt Lange and released another single, Bring It On. In 2014, Jimmy Iovine left Interscope as a result of Apple purchasing Beats By Dre, a company Iovine co-founded with rapper and record producer Dr. Dre. This resulted in a further reorganization of the label, which caused Bleck to leave Interscope.
Following his departure from his deal with Interscope, RedOne offered Zander a new contact with 2101 Records (now known as RedOne Records) in a worldwide partnership deal RedOne secured the year prior with Capitol Records. However, no songs were released under Capitol and Zander requested to be let out of his contract so that he may pursue his career independently.
In 2017, after taking time off to write and record, Bleck independently released his single, “Alive” to positive reviews. In the review of the single, Pure Grain Audio wrote: “Self-releasing was an admirable decision and has clearly paid off.”
Bleck was featured on the cover of EILE Magazine in August 2017. In the accompanying interview, Bleck explained “My story is not a sob story. I’ve been incredibly fortunate.” He is expected to self-release an EP in 2018.
- "Zander Bleck biography at Celebs101.com". http://www.celebs101.com/Zander-Bleck-biography. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Zander Bleck Talks to PCM - UNskinny Pop". 14 June 2012. http://unskinnypop.com/2012/06/zander-bleck-talks-to-pcm/. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Interscope Recording Artist Zander Bleck Releases Video For Debut Single 'Temptation'". http://www.starpulse.com/interscope-recording-artist-zander-bleck-releases-video-for-debut-sing-1848242971.html. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Dance Songs: Top Dance Music Chart". http://www.billboard.com/charts/dance-club-play-songs/2010-12-18. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Gundersen, Edna (25 January 2011). "Music producer RedOne achieves monster fame". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2011-01-24-redone-grammy-gaga_N.htm. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Zander Bleck - Bionic Egg". 21 April 2016. http://www.bionicegg.com/zander-bleck.php. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Interscope Recording Artist ZANDER BLECK Unleashes "Temptation" Remixes EP on iTunes - QUEER ME UP". 2 May 2012. http://queermeup.com/music/interscope-recording-artist-zander-bleck-unleashes-temptation-remixes-ep-on-itunes/. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Jimmy Iovine Leaving Interscope Geffen A&M". http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6099411/jimmy-iovine-leaving-interscope-geffen-am. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "RedOne’s 2101 Records, Capitol Sign Worldwide Partnership Deal". http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/legal-and-management/1560137/redones-2101-records-capitol-sign-worldwide. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Branson, Emily (18 July 2017). "SOTD: Zander Bleck // Alive". https://mytacismmusic.com/2017/07/18/sotd-zander-beck-alive/. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Gonda, Christopher. "ZANDER BLECK is "Alive"! Artist Returns with New Single and Music Video [Exclusive Premiere"]. http://puregrainaudio.com/videos/zander-bleck-is-alive-artist-returns-with-new-single-and-music-video-exclusive-premiere. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "EILE Magazine August 2017 (Vol. 5, Issue 1)". https://issuu.com/eilemagazine/docs/august2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.