- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 16 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Zoe_Ansari. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Zoe_Ansari, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Zoe_Ansari.
Primary sources Original short description: "Urdu writer, poet and critic"
Zoe Ansari also known as Z. Ansari or Zille Hasnain (1925–1991) was a prolific Urdu writer, critic, Poet and Litterateur. He was also an expert of the Russian language and Literature. He translated many works of Dostoevsky, Anton Chekhov and Alexander Pushkin. He belonged to the Progressive Writers Movement India and was a communist for the majority of his life. He later denounced his connection with communism.
Zoe Ansari has done translations of the works of the following Russian writers & Poets.
Zoe Ansari has also produced a comprehensive work on Amir Khusrow, titled Khusrow ka zehni safar or Life, Times and Works of Amir Khusrow Dehlavi.. Zoe Ansari has also contributed to the study of Hindustani Music, or Indian Classical Music based in light of his work on Khusrow. 
Here is a list of some his published books. Other than the following he has written many essays and papers that are published in literary magazines in India, Pakistan, Russia etc.
- Waraq Waraq
- Abul Kalam Azad ka zehni safar.
- Cheen ki behtreen kahaniyan.
- Communist aur Mazhab.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
- George Bernard Shaw.
- Ghalib Shanasi
- Iqbal ki Talash.
- Khusrao ka zehni safar.
- Kitab Shanasi
- Zaban O Bayan.
- "Waraq Waraq by Zoe Ansari". https://www.rekhta.org/ebooks/waraq-waraq-z-ansari-ebooks.
- "Chekhaf by Zoe Ansari". https://www.rekhta.org/ebooks/chekhaf-zoe-ansari-ebooks.
- "The Cyber Rebirth of Pak Tea House". 29 November 2007. https://pakistaniat.com/2007/11/29/the-cyber-rebirth-of-pak-tea-house/.
- "Communist Aur Mazhab by Zoe Ansari". https://www.rekhta.org/ebooks/communist-aur-mazhab-z-ansari-ebooks.
- "Abul Kalam Azad Ka Zehni Safar by Zoe Ansari". https://www.rekhta.org/ebooks/abul-kalam-azad-ka-zehni-safar-z-ansari-ebooks.
- 23 Jul, Mohammed Wajihuddin | TNN | Updated:; 2012; Ist, 1:34. "No time for Trotsky | Mumbai News - Times of India". https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/No-time-for-Trotsky/articleshow/15098451.cms.
- BARUAH, U. L. (3 November 2017). This is All India Radio. Publications Division Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. ISBN 9788123025780. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ALA8DwAAQBAJ&pg=PT353&dq=dr+zoe+ansari&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqsNLoqL_lAhVirHEKHcL_CZYQ6AEIKzAA#v=onepage&q=dr%20zoe%20ansari&f=false.
- Rashid, Omar (23 July 2012). "Chasing Khusro". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. https://www.thehindu.com/books/chasing-khusro/article3672990.ece.
- "Khusrau Ka Zehni Safar by Zoe Ansari". https://www.rekhta.org/ebooks/khusrau-ka-zehni-safar-zoe-ansari-ebooks.
- "Amir Khusrau Website: bibliography". http://www.angelfire.com/sd/urdumedia/biblio.html.
- Dr. Zoe Ansari's speech on Amīr Khusrow- Archives of Lutfullah Khan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imaYYMK03Bk, retrieved 28 October 2019
- Barlow, Jon, and Lakshmi Subramanian. "Music and Society in North India: From the Mughals to the Mutiny." Economic and Political Weekly 42, no. 19 (2007): 1779-787. http://www.jstor.org/stable/4419584.
- Misra, Susheela (1981) (in en). Great Masters of Hindustani Music. Hem Publishers. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Li4uAAAAMAAJ&q=dr+zoe+ansari&dq=dr+zoe+ansari&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqsNLoqL_lAhVirHEKHcL_CZYQ6AEIMzAB.
- Saeed, Y. 2008, "The Debate on Amir Khusrau's "Inventions" in Hindustani Music", Journal of the Indian Musicological Society, vol. 39, pp. 220–232.
- "ظ انصاری ایک ہمہ جہت شخصیت – Niazamana". http://nyazamana.com/2016/01/book-review-liaqat-ali-2/.
- SUROOR, A. (1967). URDU : A WIND OF CHANGE. Indian Literature, 10(4), 90-105. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/23329101