Some bot code is available at GitHub.
Articles that are under discussion on Wikipedia are automatically copied here by Robyt. If the article is retained on Wikipedia the article is emptied on Deletionpedia. If the article is removed on Wikipedia we don't have to do anything here. So if an article is not deleted we won't delete the article here, Robyt will just put a template linking back to Wikipedia. But articles are often relisted for deletion again soon.
User are welcome to sign up and help with the project.
Back in 2008 deletionpedia.org was launched for the first time (not by Guaka). The project stopped working after a while.[no citations needed here]
There are several related projects:
- The original Deletionpedia (v1) was rescuing Wikipedia articles for some months in 2008 but is now non-functional. Guaka plans to keep v2 going for much longer.
- Pluspedia.org, a German project to create a wiki without relevance criteria
- Prepedia.org, a Polish project
- gwern.net In Defense of Inclusionism created: 15 Jan 2009; modified: 27 Mar 2015
- Dailydot: Archive of deleted Wikipedia articles reveals site's imperfections, Dec 29, 2013
- Reddit post