Esportz Entertainment Corporation
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 6 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Esportz_Entertainment_Corporation. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Esportz_Entertainment_Corporation, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Esportz_Entertainment_Corporation.
Esportz Entertainment Corporation is an esports media organization based in Irvine, California. Esportz Entertainment was founded in February 2019 and is the world's largest esports news network.
Esportz Entertainment Corporation was founded February 7, 2019 by CEO Mark Thimmig, and is based in Irvine, California. The corporation runs Esportz Network, a subscription and ad-based network which provides coverage of esports events on streaming services, social media, and mobile applications. As of October 2019, Esportz Network was the world's largest esports news network and had over 50 independent reporters. The number of reporters, video journalists, and photo journalists was expected to grow to 200 in 2020, by the end of the year. The network covers professional and amateur tournaments for games such as Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Super Smash Bros.
In September, 2019 Reuters announced that it was partnering with Esportz Network to provide esports coverage to subscribers of Reuters Connect. Esportz Entertainment also became a regular feature on Reuters' "Keeping Score" podcast, which covers sports business.
In addition to providing coverage of esporting events, Esportz Entertainment produces other esports related content such as merchandise and apparel. Esportz Entertainment also sponsors athletic training programs in partnership with various US universities. Esportz Entertainment partnered with Athleta-Ed to collaborate on a training and education program targeted at both traditional and esports athletes.
In October, 2019 Esportz Entertainment announced plans to build a new broadcast studio in Orange County, California. The new studio has been named the "Southern California Esports Broadcast Center" and would produce both live and pre-recorded content, broadcast through services such as Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer.
- LeHane, Scott. "The Esportz Network Building New SoCal Broadcast Center". https://vrnation.tv/the-esportz-network-building-new-socal-broadcast-center/.
- Miller, George (2019-10-09). "Esports Has a New State-Of-The-Art Broadcast Home…The Esportz Network" (in en-US). https://europeangaming.eu/portal/press-releases/2019/10/09/56002/esports-has-a-new-state-of-the-art-broadcast-home-the-esportz-network/.
- Corp, Esportz Entertainment. "All Esports, All the Time: Esportz Entertainment Corp. Creates A New Level of Engagement for All Things Esports to Meet A Growing Global Demand for Quality Esports Content" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/all-esports-all-the-time-esportz-entertainment-corp-creates-a-new-level-of-engagement-for-all-things-esports-to-meet-a-growing-global-demand-for-quality-esports-content-300834277.html.
- "Esportz Entertainment to open OC broadcast center • Home Theater Forum" (in en-US). 2019-10-14. https://www.hometheaterforum.com/esportz-entertainment-to-open-oc-broadcast-center/.
- "Esportz Network Building New California Broadcast Center - Gameindustry.com" (in en-US). 2019-10-17. https://www.gameindustry.com/editorials/esports/esportz-network-building-new-california-broadcast-center/.
- "Reuters and Esportz Network team up on esports coverage" (in en). Reuters. 2019-09-25. https://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-esportz-network-idUSKBN1WA13O.
- "Esportz Entertainment Corp. Partners with Athleta-Ed to Provide Its Proprietary Media Training Instruction and Curriculum | Markets Insider". https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/esportz-entertainment-corp-partners-with-athleta-ed-to-provide-its-proprietary-media-training-instruction-and-curriculum-1028200297.
- Courtney, Ian. "Esportz Entertainment To Launch New Broadcast Studio In Orange County". https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/10/07/81981/.
- "Esportz Entertainment Eyes Esports Production, Content - socaltech.com". https://www.socaltech.com/esportz_entertainment_eyes_esports_production_content/s-0078957.html.
- "10/10/19: Call of Duty League opens for business" (in en-US). 2019-10-10. http://www.cynopsis.com/10-10-19-activision-blizzard-formally-announced-the-call-of-duty-league-plans-for-2020/.