- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 3 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Hartfield_Academy. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hartfield_Academy, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hartfield_Academy.
Hartfield Academy (or simply known as Hartfield) is an independent private school in Rankin County, Mississippi. The school is divided into two campuses (East and West). Hartfield Academy hosts grades K3–12th. Hartfield's east campus is home to grades K3–2nd grade while its main west campus holds grades 3rd–12th.
Hartfield Academy was formerly known as University Christian School and Pinelake Christian School, a well-known private school in Flowood, Mississippi and a elementary private school in Brandon, Mississippi respectively, which both schools merged together in 2012. Before the school opened its doors, the school went through a transition phase, which the west campus, formerly University Christian School, moved away from its former school identity. After a substantial change in identity, Hartfield was open for school in August 2012. The school was renovated to adopt its new identity. The mascot was changed to the 'Hawks' and colors to garnet and gold.
Hartfield Academy's main west campus was relatively small. The school administration and its Board of Trustees planned a new 45,000-square foot addition, which cost around $9 million. The school ran a capital campaign Undeniably Different for the expansion efforts, which raised nearly $4.5 million, and the expansion included new interactive classrooms, high school administrative offices, IT Help Center, Thomas W. Colbert Theater, a main plaza, Cockrell Administrative Offices, a redesigned dining hall, new athletic equipment, a basketball practice gym, and three labs. Construction began in the summer 2018 and finished before August 2019. 
Hartfield Academy focuses on the mission and vision that every student "fulfill their God-given purpose", and the school exists to help families to prepare their students to purse "the next stage of life." Hartfield holds the five core values: Truth, Excellence, Service, Leadership, and Honor.
Partnership with Belhaven University
In 2016, David Horner, Hartfield Academy's Head of School, and Kevin Russell, Belhaven University's Vice President for Enrollment Management and University Marketing, signed an agreement, which Belhaven established a dual-enrollment program with Hartfield and gave eligable Hartfield's students a tutition discount for the unversity's undergraduate program. Students as of 2019 can take up 40 hours of dual-enrollment classes before graduation.
Hartfield Academy’s robotics team N.E.K.O.S competes in the Mississippi FIRST Tech Challenge program, which is affiliated with CMSE (Center for Mathematics and Science Education) from the University of Mississippi. The robotics team went to FIRST Worlds Championship in Houston, Texas during the Rover Ruckus competition season when the team qualified as one of two Mississippi teams to go. Hartfield has had hosted local FIRST Tech Challenge robotics qualifiers in the past. In 2019, Mississippi FIRST Tech Challenge moved its kickoff event to the school as a new location for future kickoffs.
- "Pres. Christian lands Hartfield Aca. coach Dorman" (in en). 25 March 2014. https://usatodayhss.com/2014/pres-christian-lands-hartfield-aca-coach-dorman.
- "Rankin County coaching icon makes his return at Hartfield" (in en). 30 March 2012. https://www.wapt.com/article/newly-formed-hartfield-academy-taps-proven-winner/2078175. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- "Hartfield Academy opens doors to major expansion" (in en). The Northside Sun. 15 August 2018. https://www.northsidesun.com/news-breaking-news/hartfield-academy-opens-doors-major-expansion. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- "Hartfield Academy Expansion and Renovation". https://www.ccdarchitects.com/portfolio-item/hartfield-academy-renovation/. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Mission and Vision". https://www.hartfield.org/about-us/mission-and-vision. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Hartfield and Belhaven Partner on Multiple Fronts". 2 June 2016. https://www.belhaven.edu/news/articles/Hartfield-and-Belhaven-Partner-on-Multiple-Fronts-2016-06-02.htm. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Why Hartfield". https://www.hartfield.org/admissions/why-hartfield. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- Coleman, Candance (1 April 2019). "Cool Schools: Hartfield Academy". https://www.wjtv.com/news/local-news/cool-schools-hartfield-academy/. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Welcome to SKYSTONE (SM) and the 2019-2020 Mississippi FIRST Tech Challenge Season!". https://mailchi.mp/bd53687b4656/2019-20-email-blast-03-kickoff-registration. Retrieved 6 December 2019.