Independent Film Quarterly
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 23 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Independent_Film_Quarterly. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Independent_Film_Quarterly, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Independent_Film_Quarterly.
The Independent Film Quarterly magazine (IFQ) together with Independent movie distribution company ITN organized the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival between 1993 and 2013. The IFQ magazine was closed in December 2015.
The New York International Independent Film and Video Festival was a film, music, and art series of events at various American cities, founded in 1993. The festival also ran a parallel event titled Independent Film Quarterly Film & Webisode Festival during its last four years.
The festival struggled with public perception and attendance. It was criticized by The Village Voice in 1997, and IndieWire in 1999, for its open policy of accepting nearly every submission, as well as its $300 entry fee.[no citations needed here] The Internet Movie Database felt that it did not meet the website's criteria for inclusion and stopped documenting festival entries in 2006, only listing award winners until 2013.
- "New York International Independent Film and Video Festival". September 2012. Archived from the original on September 20, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120920022600/http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/.
- Kaufman, Anthony. "What's the Deal with the New York International Independent Film and Video Fest?". IndieWire. http://www.indiewire.com/article/whats_the_deal_with_the_new_york_international_independent_film_and_video_f/.
- "Submission Guide: Film Festivals". Festival criteria. IMDB website. https://www.imdb.com/updates/guide/festivals?c=1. Retrieved 1 January 2009.
- "New York International Independent Film & Video Festival". Awards page. Internet Movie Database. https://www.imdb.com/Sections/Awards/New_York_International_Independent_Film_And_Video_Festival/. Retrieved 1 January 2009.