India's Coal Story
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 23 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:India's_Coal_Story. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/India's_Coal_Story, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/India's_Coal_Story.
India's Coal Story: From Damodar to Zambezi is a non-fiction book written by journalist Subhomoy Bhattacharjee and published by SAGE Publishing in 2017. The book is about India's coal history, energy sector, and economy. It has received overall good reception.
Richa Mishra, writing for Business Line, has called the book as "heavy on facts with a play-it-safe approach". She wrote that book has an interesting compilation of facts and author did a "neat balancing act to his credit". Indrani Dutta in The Hindu has praised the work, but pointed out a few factual inaccuracies. She wrote that book is no creative work but a painstaking research done by author through series of interviews and tours across India.
K Yatish Rajawat, writing for The Financial Express, wrote that book represents the research about subject without being didactic and dense. He also added that author created a wonderful narrative using stories of the Damodar and Zambezi rivers. However, he showed disappointment that book perpetuates that public sector is inefficient which is myth according to him. Loksatta wrote that the book should be read to know history of India's coal sector and different intervals of it.
- Bhattacharjee, Subhomoy (2017-04-03) (in en). India’s Coal Story: From Damodar to Zambezi. SAGE Publishing India. ISBN 978-93-86446-01-5. https://books.google.co.in/books/about/India_s_Coal_Story.html?id=xRtBDwAAQBAJ&source=kp_book_description&redir_esc=y.
- Mishra, Richa. "Black gold’s dark side" (in en). https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/books/black-golds-dark-side/article9771044.ece.
- Dutta, Indrani (2017-06-17). "Land of black gold" (in en-IN). The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. https://www.thehindu.com/books/books-reviews/land-of-black-gold/article19088998.ece.
- "Here’s the book review of India’s Coal Story: From Damodar to Zambezi" (in en-US). 2018-01-07. https://www.financialexpress.com/jobs/heres-the-book-review-of-indias-coal-story-from-damodar-to-zambezi/1004834/.
- "कोळशाची कहाणी" (in mr-IN). 2019-09-28. https://www.loksatta.com/athour-mapia-news/subhomoy-bhattacharjee-book-india-s-coal-story-from-damodar-to-zambezi-zws-70-1981096/.
- Subhomoy Bhattacharjee at SAGE Publishing