Kate Marie Byrnes
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kate_Marie_Byrnes. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Marie_Byrnes, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Marie_Byrnes.
Original short description: "American diplomat and Ambassador to North Macedonia"
Template:Infobox ambassador Kate Marie Byrnes is an American diplomat, who has served as the United States Ambassador to North Macedonia since July 2019. She is a career diplomat who has received many awards for her service.
- Bachelor of Science (Foreign Service) in International Relations Georgetown University
- Master’s degree in Policy Management Georgetown University
During her time in the diplomatic service, she served in Spain, Hungary, and Belgium. She also served as the deputy chief of mission of the United States Mission to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, where she expressed dismay at Russian aggression against Ukraine. After that, she became deputy chief of mission in Greece from 2017 to 2019. Byrnes speaks three languages: Spanish, Hungarian and Turkish.
Ambassador to North Macedonia
- Eight Superior Honor Award and Meritorious Honor Awards
- Expeditionary Service Award from the U.S. Department of State
- Two Meritorious Civilian Service Awards from the U.S. Department of the Army.
Byrnes is married to a retired naval officer, Larry Scott Gage.
- "KATE MARIE BYRNES Ambassador, US Embassy, North Macedonia". The Economist Newspaper Limited. https://events.economist.com/events-conferences/emea/western-balkans-summit/. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Kate Marie Byrnes: Russia undermining efforts to cease hostilities in Donbas - May. 06, 2017". Kyiv Post. 2017-05-06. https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/kate-marie-byrnes-russia-undermining-efforts-cease-hostilities-donbas.html.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Individuals to Key Administration Posts". The White House. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-individuals-key-administration-posts-2/. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- Toosi, Nahal (November 9, 2019). "Pompeo tries to staff up State post-midterms" (in en). Politico. https://politi.co/2JY6egF.
- Rodrigo, Chris Mills (2019-04-10). "White House renominates ambassador after country changes name" (in en). The Hill. https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/438311-white-house-renominates-ambassador-after-country-changes-name.
- "The New US Ambassador to North Macedonia ready to start work, hands over credentials". Trianapost. http://www.tiranapost.al/en/the-new-us-ambassador-to-north-macedonia-ready-to-start-work-hands-over-credentials/. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Ambassador Kate Marie Byrnes" (in en-US). https://mk.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/our-ambassador/.