Kate Marie Byrnes
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kate_Marie_Byrnes. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Marie_Byrnes, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kate_Marie_Byrnes.
Educated at Georgetown University, where she received both her bachelors and her masters, she is a career Foreign Service Officer. During her time in the diplomatic service, she served in Spain, Hungary, and Belgium. She also served as the deputy chief of mission of the United States Mission to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, where she expressed dismay at Russian aggression against Ukraine. After that, she became deputy chief of mission in Greece from 2017 to 2019.
Byrnes is married to a retired naval officer, Larry Scott Gage.
- "Kate Marie Byrnes: Russia undermining efforts to cease hostilities in Donbas - May. 06, 2017". Kyiv Post. 2017-05-06. https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/kate-marie-byrnes-russia-undermining-efforts-cease-hostilities-donbas.html.
- Toosi, Nahal (November 9, 2019). "Pompeo tries to staff up State post-midterms" (in en). Politico. https://politi.co/2JY6egF.
- Rodrigo, Chris Mills (2019-04-10). "White House renominates ambassador after country changes name" (in en). The Hill. https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/438311-white-house-renominates-ambassador-after-country-changes-name.
- "Ambassador Kate Marie Byrnes" (in en-US). https://mk.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/our-ambassador/.