- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 27 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Markus_Dünzkofer. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Markus_Dünzkofer, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Markus_Dünzkofer.
BLP sources Template:Infobox clergy Template:Portal Markus Dünzkofer (born 1969) is a German-British Anglican clergyman. Since 2013, he has been Rector of the Church of St John the Evangelist, Edinburgh in the Scottish Episcopal Church.
Education and family
Born in Nuremberg, he spent a year as an exchange student at William Henry Harrison High School in Evansville, IN in 1986/7 and after graduating from Geschwister-Scholl-Gymnasium in Röthenbach an der Pegnitz attended the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, 1989–93 and 1994–96, the University of Edinburgh 1993–1994, Seabury-Western Theological Seminary 1996–1998, and Rush University 1998–1999. He was ordained both a deacon and a priest by the Rt. Revd. William Persell, Bishop of Chicago at St. James Cathedral (Chicago) in June and December 1999 respectively. He holds the degrees of Master of Theology (Edinburgh) and Master of Divinity (Seabury-Western).
On Trinity Sunday 1995, Dünzkofer joined the Fellowship of St John. He came out that very same year. Theologically, Dünzkofer, considers himself a creedal Anglican, with a passion for pastoral and missional ministry.
- Clinical Pastoral Education (resident chaplain) at Rush University, 1998–1999.
- Associate Rector at St Matthew's Episcopal Church, Evanston, IL, 1999–2004.
- Rector of St Paul's Anglican Church, Vancouver, BC, 2004–2012.
- Rector of St John's Episcopal Church, Edinburgh, since February 2013