Difference between revisions of "Penrhiw Priory"

From Deletionpedia.org: a home for articles deleted from Wikipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
(inclusion power)
 
m (survived on Wikipedia)
(Tag: Replaced)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<!-- Please do not remove or change this AfD message until the discussion has been closed. -->
+
{{survived}}
{{Article for deletion/dated|page=Penrhiw Priory|timestamp=20190617124257|year=2019|month=June|day=17|substed=yes|help=off}}
 
<!-- Once discussion is closed, please place on talk page: {{Old AfD multi|page=Penrhiw Priory|date=17 June 2019|result='''keep'''}} -->
 
<!-- End of AfD message, feel free to edit beyond this point -->
 
{{short description|Historic building in St. Davids, Wales}}
 
'''Penrhiw Priory''' was originally built as a vicarage in [[St Davids]], [[Pembrokeshire]], Wales, in 1884.<ref>{{cite web|url=https://coflein.gov.uk/en/site/30367/details/vicarage-penrhiw-the-priory|title=VICARAGE; PENRHIW; THE PRIORY|last=|first=|date=|website=|archive-url=|archive-date=|dead-url=|access-date=}}</ref> The building was enlarged in the 1960s, serving for a time as a priory.<ref name=":0">{{cite web|url=http://www.acanthus-holden.co.uk/penrhiw-priory/#|title=Penrhiw Priory|last=|first=|date=|website=|archive-url=|archive-date=|dead-url=|access-date=}}</ref> In 2008 The Retreats Group Trust bought the building and commissioned Acanthus Holden Architects it undertake its conversion into a hotel.<ref name=":0" /> Then in 2012, Penrhiw Priory reopened as an eight-bedroom hotel restored along with [[Roch Castle]] and [[Twr y Felin Hotel]], by the [[Griffiths Roch Foundation]], which was set up in 2009 by international architect [[Keith Griffiths (architect)|Keith Griffiths]].
 
 
 
Penrhiw Priory’s Garden Bedroom is the bedroom of the vicar who was placed here by the [[Church in Wales]] in 1882 to stem the migration to [[Nonconformists' Chapels Act 1844|non-conformist chapels]]. The stables housed his [[Horse and carriage|horses and carriage]] to enable him to reach the parishioners to entice them back to the church. The Coach House now houses Meadow Suite on the ground floor and Court, above on the first floor.
 
 
 
==References==
 
{{Reflist}}
 
 
 
 
 
[[Category:Buildings and structures completed in 1884]]
 
[[Category:St Davids]]
 

Latest revision as of 06:28, 20 June 2019

Hurray! It looks like this article has survived the deletionist battle. Check Penrhiw Priory on English Wikipedia.