- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 17 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Salim_Abdalla. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Salim_Abdalla, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Salim_Abdalla.
Salim Abdalla Yusuf aka Shittu is a Kenyan footballer who over the years has been likened to Nigerian defender Danny Shittu. He currently plays for Nairobi City Stars in the second tier Kenyan National Super League as a Centre Back. His prominence began when he won the Safaricom Sakata Ball National final in 2010 with Bungoma's Bukembe Youth as that opened his pathway to Ligi Ndogo then to Sofapaka, Posta Rangers, A.F.C. Leopards then to Nairobi City Stars
Ligi Ndogo SC
Soon after the Safaricom Sakata Ball National final triumph, Salim was roped in by Ligi Ndogo in the 2011 season. He featured for them -even as the team re-branded to Real Kisumu following a partnership – in the 2011 KFF Nationwide league. He was part of the team till the close of the 2012 season while participating in the FKF Division One league. The end of that year saw him attract quite some interests with Premiership sides Karuturi Sports, among others, angling for his signature.
Weeks after being signed by Sofapaka Salim was sent to Division One side Posta Rangers to gain experience. His loan stay was later made permanent after both teams agreed to the move. He helped the team gain promotion to the Premier League at the end of 2015 and did duty for one more year to the end of 2016. In mid 2016 there was talk of Shitu's move to Tusker and A.F.C. Leopards
In January 2017 Rangers confirmed his transfer to ingwe who, under coach Stewart Hall, were keen to re-engineer their back line for the new season. He joined on a two-year deal In December 2018 Leopard extended his contract for three years. A shocker was soon to follow as, just six months, in July, the club terminated his contract.
Nairobi City Stars
- Kenyan National Super League Champions : 2015
- GOtv Shield Cup Champions : 2017
- Michezo Afrika, 29 December 2011: Salim Abdalla set to conclude Karuturi move
- Futaa, 18 January 2012: Ligi Ndogo Chair unhappy at Karuturi approach
- Michezo Afrika, 12 January 2013: Sofapaka loans Shitu to Rangers
- Futaa, 16 June 2016: Posta Rangers defender on Tusker’s radar
- Futaa, 16 December 2016: Shittu set to join AFC Leopards
- Futaa, 10 January 2017: Posta Rangers confirms sale of defender to AFC Leopards
- Goal, 10 October 2018: AFC Leopards tie down defender Abdalla Salim to a new contract
- Soka, 16 July 2019: Shitu weighing his options after leaving the den
- Daily Active Kenya, August 9, 2019: NSL side completes swoop for former AFC Leopards defender
- Salim Abdalla at GSA