Telangana Development Forum
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 6 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Telangana_Development_Forum. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Telangana_Development_Forum, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Telangana_Development_Forum.
Template:Infobox organization Telangana Development Forum (also referred to as TDF or TDF-USA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 and is the oldest national organisation in the United States to provide platform for the people of Telangana for various development and cultural activities. In the process TDF also supported Telangana Movement which led to formation of Telangana State in India in 2014.
When Kothapalli Jayashankar visiting USA in 1998 he met several Telangana leaders and stressed the need for organization for the Telangana people to address various issues Telangana people are facing back home. On August 17, 1999, the organization was registered as a non-profit organization in New York. TDF organized several lecture tours by the experts to educate Telangana community in USA about Telangana issues. In following years community events like picnics and cultural events like Bathukamma were organized in major cities of unites states to bring Telangana community together.
Support to Telangana movement
As TDF convinced itself that Telangana communities issues can be better addressed with the formation of Telangana state in India, it started supporting the Telangana movement. TDF Published literature and prepared videos to educate the community the need for the formation of Telangana state. TDF submitted appeals to Prime Minister of India and other major leaders of Andhra Pradesh when they visited USA. TDF organized conferences in various cities regularly providing the platform for people to discuss and to enlist the support to the Telangana movement. TDF also submitted report to Srikrishna Committee requesting Telangana state. TDF also published a report criticizing the Srikrishna Committee report.
TDF encourages community to support various causes that benefit the community in USA and in Telangana specially to support poor farmers, students, artisans in rural communities.
TDF collaborate with TDF-India(a India-based non-profit organization) for its India related activities. TDF inspired formation of similar organizations with similar goals in other countries like TDF-Canada, TDF-Europe, TDF-Australia, TDF-Gulf etc.
- "TDF lecture tours in 2000". https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/tdf-discuss/conversations/messages/149. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Chicago Telangana Bathukamma Festival". https://web.archive.org/web/20040619074826/http://www.chicagosamachar.com/telangana.php. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "An Appeal To Sri Manmohan Singh, Honorable Prime Minister of India". http://www.telangana.org/Appeal.asp. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Telangana Banquet Night - 2013 2nd Telangana Leadership Conference - USA". http://telangana.org/banquetnight.asp. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Telangana Development Forum's contributions will be remembered: Swamy Goud". https://telanganatoday.com/tdfs-contributions-remembered. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Justice Sri Krishna's injustice". http://www.telangana.org/skcreportinjustice.asp. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "TDF Foundation Project Application Form". http://www.telangana.org/Projects/TDFProjectForm.pdf. Retrieved 7 October 2019.