- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 6 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:VoColor. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/VoColor, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/VoColor.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2019)
VoColor is a Swedish-Greek electronic pop project. The group was founded in late-2019 and consists of vocalist and producer Sebastian Ekstrand, known as the main vocalist of Swedish metalcore band Escape the Day, and Greek lyricist Nikos Sofis, known for his work around the Eurovision Song Contest.
Sebastian Ekstrand and Nikos Sofis first met and started working in early-2016, when the two got together to work on Ekstrand's solo single "Come To Me". Having collaborated well together, Sofis involved Ekstrand on the song "If I Could" for Moldovan artist Max Fall, a song that was submitted to represent Moldova in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. The same year, the two worked on Ekstrand's next solo single, "Hold On". During the same year, Ekstrand involved Sofis into the writing process of Escape the Day's comeback single "Breaking the Tide", released in early-2018. The two have also worked together on the song "Hypnotized", released in 2018 by popular Azerbaijani pop star Samra. In 2019, Ekstrand and Sofis collaborated once again and wrote the song "Stop Breathing" for Angelika Pushnova, who tried to represent her country Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019.
The duo will release their debut single "Savior" on 6 December 2019.
- 2019: "Savior"
- "Interview_Sebastian_Ekstrand_2016 - www.GryphonMetal.ch". http://www.gryphonmetal.ch/interview-sebastian-ekstrand-2016/.
- (in en) Max Fall - If I Could, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TyWHKuVVA4, retrieved 2019-12-03
- (in en) Sebastian Ekstrand - Hold On, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG6s4MK5HlI, retrieved 2019-12-03
- "From Cyborg to Human: Azerbaijan's Samra finds love in "Hypnotized" music video" (in en-US). 2018-03-03. https://wiwibloggs.com/2018/03/03/cyborg-human-azerbaijans-samra-finds-love-hypnotized-music-video/218903/.
- "Samra is ready to 'hypnotize' us with new single" (in en-US). 2018-03-01. https://escxtra.com/2018/03/01/samra-ready-hypnotize-us-new-single/.
- escbeat (2019-01-23). "Angelika Pushnova Returns To Belarussian National Finals" (in en-US). https://escbeat.com/2019/01/23/angelika-pushnova-returns-to-belarussian-national-finals/.
- "VoColor on Instagram: “#Teaser of our #debutsingle #Savior - To be released on the 6th of December 2019. #Savior will also be released on #applemusic, #deezer,…”" (in en). https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lYUR_IVYM/.