(This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 31 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:(This_Is)_The_Dream_of_Evan_and_Chan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/(This_Is)_The_Dream_of_Evan_and_Chan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/(This_Is)_The_Dream_of_Evan_and_Chan.
"(This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan" is a song by Dntel (Jimmy Tamborello), featuring the vocals and lyrics by Ben Gibbard. The song was recorded for the album Life Is Full of Possibilities in 2001. "Evan and Chan" was so well-received[no citations needed here] that the two collaborated on a full-length album, Give Up, which they released as The Postal Service in 2003.
There is some speculation on who the title characters Evan and Chan are in the context of the song; some have suggested that given the lyrical reference to 1993, and Tamborello's instructions to pronounce Chan as "Chawn", Evan Dando of The Lemonheads and Chan Marshall (also known as Cat Power) might be the Evan and Chan from the title.
- Single information at Discogs
- Song lyrics meaning interpretations
- Single review at the BBC
- Listen to Samples of this song and some remixes
- Music video for "(This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan" at Broken Machine Films