- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 8 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:15miles. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/15miles, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/15miles.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (December 2011)
15miles is an interactive-search agency that spun out of New York-based TMP Directional Marketing (TMPDM). Formally launched in 2009, 15miles strategies focus on helping national brands reach consumers in local markets through search marketing, which is rooted in the principles of directional marketing.
Currently, 15miles works in tandem with its sister company, TMPDM, to provide marketing campaigns for national clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Some clients are Kelly Services, ARS/Rescue Rooter and Aspen Dental.
15miles is located in the U.S., operating out of three offices in the TMPDM network of properties.
Due to a buyout in 2005, TMPDM, which started in 1967 as a print Yellow Pages agency, spun out of Monster Worldwide and TMP Worldwide (collectively referred to as Monster Worldwide, Inc. after 2003) as an independent marketing agency. Over the next four years, TMPDM's senior management transitioned the agency's clients and services from offline search toward interactive search.
In 2009, the 15miles brand spun out of TMPDM, making 15miles a stand-alone, digital-media agency. As 15miles took ownership of the tandem's digital-media products, TMPDM was phased out as an interactive-search brand to head all offline products as a print-centric Yellow Pages agency. As a result, 15miles became the world's largest local-search agency, based on annual revenue. Also in 2009, 15miles named Gregg Stewart as its first president.
15miles conducts a proprietary study, titled Local Search Usage Study, on an annual basis with comScore and TMPDM. The purpose of this study is to measure year-over-year changes in consumers’ search behaviors and media selection.
15miles publishes industry and agency news in its blog, titled Search Perspective.
In 2009, 15miles made the "Top-25 Search-Marketing Agencies" list by Advertising Age, which rates annual search-marketing revenue.[no citations needed here]
In February 2010, topseos.com, an independent research firm, named 15miles third in the category of "Best Local-Search Companies." Also in 2010, 15miles won Honorable Mention at the ClickZ Connected Marketing Awards 2010 and a Bronze at the IAB MIXX Conference & Expo.
-  15miles official Web site; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  "TMP Directional Marketing Selects Veteran Advertising Executive Gregg Stewart to Lead 15miles"; 15miles press release; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  Local Search Usage Study; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  Search Perspective; official blog of 15miles and TMP Directional Marketing; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  "15miles Ranked Top-Five Local Search Company for February 2010 by topseos.com"; 15miles press release on PRWeb.com; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  "Announcing ClickZ Connected Marketing Award Winners for 2010"; ClickZ.com news story; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  "2010 IAB MIXX Awards Winners Announced"; IAB press release; accessed November 15, 2010.
-  "15miles Helps Guide Farmers Insurance’ Social-Marketing Strategy With Zynga"; 15miles press release on Yahoo!; accessed November 15, 2010.