2014 Final Four
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 30 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2014_Final_Four. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2014_Final_Four, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2014_Final_Four.
The 2014 Final Four is the semifinals and the finals of the 2014 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament and will determine the national champion of the 2013-14 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. The 2014 Final Four will take place on Saturday April 5th 2014 while the 2014 National Championship Game will take place on Monday April 7th 2014. The 2014 Final Four will take place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The 1st game of the 2014 Final Four will feature Florida, the South Regional champion, against the East Regional Champion. The 2nd game of the 2014 Final Four will feature the West Regional Champion against the Midwest Regional Champion. The winners of the two Final Four games will play each other in the 2014 National Championship Game.
The Florida Gators went 29-2 during the regular season with their two losses both being on the road, both of whom were Elite Eight teams, one of them being a 59-53 loss at Wisconsin on November 12th 2013 and the other begin a 65-64 loss at Connecticut on December 2nd 2013 losing on a Shabazz Napier's buzzer beater. Highlights from the regular season included a 67-61 win over Kansas on December 10th 2013, a 77-75 win over Memphis at Madison Square Garden, and sweeps over Tennessee and Kentucky and Florida became the 1st ever team to go 18-0 in SEC Play. Florida beat Kentucky in the 2014 SEC Tournament Championship Game 61-60 to win the SEC Tournament and their 26th consecutive win. The Florida Gators pulled away from Albany with a 67-55 win in the 2nd round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Florida received their 28th consecutive win when they beat Pittsburgh 61-45 in the 3rd round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament to advance to the Sweet 16. The Florida Gators earned their 29th consecutive win when they beat UCLA 79-68 in the Sweet 16 of the 2014 NCAA Tournament also advancing to the Elite Eight for the 4th consecutive year having lost in their last three Elite Eight appearances. With a 62-52 win over Dayton, who made an unexpected run to the Elite Eight in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, Florida advanced to the Final Four.
- "No. 20 Wisconsin holds off No. 11 Florida 59-53". ESPN. November 12, 2013. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400506312. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Napier beats buzzer as No. 12 UConn edges No. 15 Florida". ESPN. December 2, 2013. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496888. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Florida Men's College Basketball -Gators News, Scores, Videos - College Basketball - ESPN". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/57/florida-gators. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Spousta, Tom (March 8, 2014). "Gators Overwhelm Wildcats to Cap SEC’s First 18-0 Season". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/sports/ncaabasketball/florida-trounces-kentucky-to-finish-undefeated-in-sec.html?_r=0. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "No. 1 Florida survives Kentucky to win SEC title, 26th straight game". ESPN. March 16, 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400546818. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "No. 1 Florida pulls away from pesky Albany". ESPN. March 20, 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400546943. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "No. 1 overall seed Florida makes Sweet 16; win streak at 28". ESPN. March 22, 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400548469. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Gators finish off UCLA for 29th straight win, 4th straight Elite 8". ESPN. March 27, 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400548873. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Scottie Wilbekin, Florida end Dayton's unexpected run". ESPN. March 29, 2014. http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400549674. Retrieved March 29, 2014.