Acadian Asset Management
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 11 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Acadian_Asset_Management. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Acadian_Asset_Management, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Acadian_Asset_Management.
Acadian is an American investment management firm that specializes in systematic investment strategies. Acadian specializes in risk-controlled portfolios managed on behalf of pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments, and other institutions globally. Acadian Asset Management LLC’s (“Acadian’s”) predecessor firm, Acadian Asset Management, Inc., was founded in 1986 and reorganized into the current LLC structure in 2007. The firm has been managing assets since 1987. As of June 30, 2017, it managed $86.5 billion in assets for clients worldwide. Acadian is headquartered in Boston and has wholly owned affiliates located in London, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. [no citations needed here]
Acadian was founded in 1986. In 2009, it laid off 8% of its staff. It is partnered with Microsoft since 2017. In March 2018, the firm announced a new strategy for the China mainland. In December 2019, Bloomberg journalist Gregor Stuart Hunter reported that Acadian Asset continued to invest in China through a China equity fund, run by Bin Shi. The company is using machine learning for picking stocks "based on environmental, social, and governance criteria." At the end of April 2019, Acadian managed $97 billion.
- How One Big Quant Firm Uses Machine Learning, Institutional Investor, https://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/b1fflnwcp2pbs3/How-One-Big-Quant-Firm-Uses-Machine-Learning
- Acadian Asset Management lays off 8% of staff, Financial News, https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/acadian-asset-management-lays-off-of-staff-2-20090403
- A $77 billion investment firm joined forces with Microsoft, and it hints at where investing is headed, Business Insider, https://www.businessinsider.com/acadian-asset-management-partnered-with-microsoft-2017-3
- What Trade War? Meet The Brilliant Quant Who’s Bullish On China, Forbes, https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/10/29/what-trade-war-meet-the-brilliant-quant-whos-bullish-on-china/#45a156c61372
- Meet Asha Mehta, the smart quant with a China strategy, Forbes, http://www.forbesindia.com/article/cross-border/meet-asha-mehta-the-smart-quant-with-a-china-strategy/56399/1
- Boston Quant Investor Is Betting on China Economic Recovery, Bloomberg, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-11/boston-quant-investor-is-betting-on-a-china-economic-recovery