- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 1 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Activate,_Inc.. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Activate,_Inc., the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Activate,_Inc..
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2016)
Activate is a management consultancy firm focused on technology, media and entertainment companies. The company was founded on February 1, 2010 by Michael J. Wolf and Anil Dash in New York. Silicon Valley became the site of Activate's second office. Upon launch, Activate did not take fees for small companies but instead took equity in them and board seats.
Activate works with CEOs and senior management teams to drive company growth. It works with businesses on digital and go-to-market strategy and creates new media products and companies inside large businesses. The company does not reveal its clients but the founders have stated in the past that clients included a large Internet company, a firm in the magazine business and a sports league.
The firm is known for issuing its annual Activate Outlook report on the state of the tech, media and entertainment industries. It was delivered at the 2015 WSJD conference and in 2014 the Fortune Brainstorm conference.
- "Activate". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/activate-2#/entity. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Hi, I'm Anil Dash". http://anildash.com/about.html. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- Hatch, Lauren (25 February 2010). "Michael Wolf and Anil Dash Brace Media For The New World". http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-wolf-and-anil-dash-brace-media-for-the-new-world-2010-2.
- Szalai, Georg (24 February 2010). "Media vets Wolf and Dash launch Activate". http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/media-vets-wolf-and-dash-21064.
- Ovide, Shira. "Tech, Media Veterans Team Up on New Consulting Firm". http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/02/25/tech-media-veterans-team-up-on-new-consulting-firm/.
- Activate (20 October 2015). "Think Again". http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/wolf.pdf. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Epic slide deck from former Yahoo board member lays out the future of tech and media". http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-wolf-predicts-what-will-happen-in-the-tech-industry-in-2016-2015-10. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "9 Lessons Learned at Fortune Brainstorm Tech". http://forwardthinking.pcmag.com/none/325748-9-lessons-learned-at-fortune-brainstorm-tech. Retrieved 26 September 2016.